Pulheems table

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by The_0ne, Nov 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody know which line down on the eyesight chart from the top pulheems 3 would be?

2. 1 is 6/6, 2 is 6/9, 3 is 6/12 and so forth.
  3. take a look in Pulhheems administrative pamphlet 2007 (AC13371) page 1-4.

available online somewhere
  4. Cheers i know that but what actual line is it when looking at an eyesight chart?

i.e what is the top line with a massive letter and then underneath that you have 2 letters what pulheem do they equate to and so on??
  5. Usually top = 6/60, then 6/36, 6/24, 6/18, 6/12. They sometimes miss out the 6/24.

There are also more accurate LOGMAR charts, which are different.
  6. Do they still do Pulheems? I've just looked in my old AB64 and I can't make head nor tails of it apart that I was A1 (Vision) and I got two new pairs of army glasses from a German POW Medical Officer at Mestre.
    One pair still in the family and the other given away to a young lad in the Beetle era!
    (And no, they did not keep gas out!)
  7. From top (Biggest) 6/60, 6/36,6/18,6/12,6/9,6/6.

8. Cheers for that lads :study:
  9. from top to bottom the chart will be 60, 36, 24, 18, 12, 9, 6, 5

if you can't read the top one then 8, then its 7,6,5,4,3,2,1,

any better than the line marked 5 is still graded as 1.

so; 60 = 7
    36 = 6

etc etc

and to be honest I'm getting bored of all these bloody eyesight questions, its time for a pulhheems sticky somewhere.
  10. Other threads have mentioned 6/36 6/24 etc but not gone into the detail of which lines they equate to on an actual eyesight chart so imo this is a good thread :)

Cheers for that
  11. Further to my post of yesterday thought you may find this of interest?? Received by morning post, one pair of my issue glasses and case and can still see as well for distance with them! Do you still get issue glasses or provide your own?
    Most usefull thing about these is that you could focus a sun spot (like a magnifying glass) and light a ciggy with em! Don't tell you that in your survival manuals! :D

Attached Files:

12. I'd die if I had to put them things on, they look like harry potter glasses!