Pugh, Pugh, Hitler

Sorry to interrupt everyone's enjoyment. Yesterday, someone posted with a very funny graphic in their signature block that showed the Trumpton Firemen with Hitler as the last one. Does anyone know who it was, or where I can get a copy?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Fifth_Columnist said:
CQMS - thanks very much. Just amused my son no end!
Your son - yeah right! 8) :p

Nice but……………..being of that era, IIRC the Trumpton Firemen were:

Pugh
Hugh
Barney
McGrew
Cuthbert
Dibble
and
Grub (Hitler)

It's actually:

Pugh
Pugh
Barney McGrew
Cuthbert
Dibble
and
Grub (Hitler)

The Pugh boys are twins, and 'Barney McGrew' is one person. I think I may have just confirmed Auld Yin's suspicions.

Edited to add: And Barney McGrew is misidentified in the gif, he is the one with the beard!

Fifth_Columnist said:
It's actually:

Pugh
Pugh
Barney McGrew
Cuthbert
Dibble
and
Grub (Hitler)

The Pugh boys are twins, and 'Barney McGrew' is one person. I think I may have just confirmed Auld Yin's suspicions.

Edited to add: And Barney McGrew is misidentified in the gif, he is the one with the beard!
So how come two people used line up when Barney McGrew's name was called and after they lined up there was 8 of them (including the IC)?

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Flying Felix said:
So how come two people used line up when Barney McGrew's name was called and after they lined up there was 8 of them (including the IC)?

Ahem:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Fine body of men there Sixty :clown:

Well, you learn something new every day. I always thought it was Barney Mulgrew.

Every day's a schoolday on ARRSE. Anyone remember the name of the Firemaster? He was the only one not named in the rollcall.

Flying Felix said:
Fifth_Columnist said:
It's actually:

Pugh
Pugh
Barney McGrew
Cuthbert
Dibble
and
Grub (Hitler)

Cancel my last!

According to the Trumpton Web Site (not Wiki) there was only seven.

smartascarrots said:
Well, you learn something new every day. I always thought it was Barney Mulgrew.

Every day's a schoolday on ARRSE. Anyone remember the name of the Firemaster? He was the only one not named in the rollcall.
Captain Flack.

smartascarrots said:

Capt Flack

Edited to add...........beaten to it.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
smartascarrots said:

I refer you to my previous post with link to wiki where Captain Flack is given his righteous place.

I would like to have seen the episode when Trumpton Fire Service goes on strike for an inflation busting wage rise and the troops at Trumpton Barracks have to man a rusty old green goddess....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
exspy Book Reviews 6
geezer466 Waltenkommando 83
Taff49 The NAAFI Bar 19