Puff the Magic Dragon deployed in Somalia!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BiscuitsAB, Jan 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Breaking news a C130 gun ship has been deployed against Al-Qaedaa targets in Somalia! Probably with interesting effects!

In my opinion probably one of the most devastating weapons platforms ever created, would hate to be in its alledged 1Km kill zone or any where near it. Got to say when the yanks get it right, they really get it right. can you imagine the amount of scrap brass one of those things can generate?

2. Gotta link, Biccie?

And given your newfound SNP affiliation, shouldn't you change your name to 'Shortbread'?

3. Yeah. I just heard nuclear tipped ICBMs are headed to Mogadishu even as we speak. I have a link.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://rabinergroup.com/Images/Smokey-links-colorTN.gif&imgrefurl=http://rabinergroup.com/Catagorypages/SmokeyLinks.html&h=192&w=192&sz=7&hl=en&start=4&tbnid=d928uwRzAN_MyM:&tbnh=103&tbnw=103&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsausage%2Blink%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

sorry no link it was on cbs news on sky. might be on their web site.

And as for short bread its ok, heaven on earth is Nairns oat cakes!

5. I am going to be a co ck now (again) but puff the majic dragon was fitted to a DC3 Dakota.Its Spectre or the newer version called spooky thats in service . Yes I know i am a co ck

6. Methinks Uncle Sam may be a tadette more involved in recent shenanigans in Somalia than he's been letting on, what with the warships off the coast and all as well.

7. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I know, but a harbinger of death called "puff the magic dragon" just makes me smile! Spectre sounds to Serious. :roll:

CBS news link

8. Yep i agree biccy , I am still a coc k . If that is deployed out there things must be pretty deep . The amount of times we have tried to get hold of one in Iraq and the yanks have said FO. I think in 4 years in Iraq the brits have had them 3 times.

9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Well I guess we could always ask Gordon if we could have one of our own? although apparently he isnt very happy with UK Armed forces a present, but thats ok because the feelings mutual and the guys a slack jawed knobber.

10. Feck him , I am sure if the suntanned hoards were attacking us he would relent

11. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Why? what have we done to upset the Germans this time? pinched the towels off the poolside chairs and chuckd them into the water! :?

12. More like AC-130U Spectre. Payback for the embassy bombings.

13. No she-ite sherlock, ever thought of applying for MI5?