Pubs could be banned from refusing to serve forces, familes

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Fireplace, Jun 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A solution to problem that does not exist?

• Like Like x 6
  2. Sounds ridiculous to me. It takes away a licensee's right of refusal.

• Like Like x 8
  3. What a fucking pointless waste of everyone's time and money.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Agreed. The times I've seen pubs refuse to serve soldiers it's been because of previous experience of trouble. Same reason why a lot of pubs/clubs refuse to admit a large party of males.

5. Labour desperate for support, any support, even a bit, anyone feeling supportive even a tiny bit? Thought not.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Why do lefties always want to do things by coercion?

Landlords have the right to not serve anyone they want, it's not the business of government to intervene.

• Like Like x 3
  7. To be fair, he is the MP for Dunfermline and West Fife, wherever the fuck that is.

Smarmy looking cunt as well

150px-ThomasDochertyMP-crop.jpg

8. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Why, landlords should have the right of refusal - it's a valuable tool in the prevention of problems in their establishment.

I had a look for the text of the Bill online but it hasn't been published yet (as far as I am aware) I would be interested in reading it before making any decision as to whether or not it is a good thing.

9. That's why it's not going to happen. It's illegal not to serve someone because they are black - but only if you tell em. It will just work exactly the same as that.

It's just a slimy MP drumming up a bit of support.

Also, my experience of squaddies is the same a gypsies - they spend a lot on drink, but take over and wreck your pub. It's either a squaddie bar or it's not and I'd be fucked if I'd want to run a squaddie bar.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I occasionally work the bar in my bro in law's pub. A few weeks back we had a group of 50 odd squaddies from some chippy as fuck sigs unit booked in for dinner.

Surprisingly they all behaved very well, although they did all insist on paying for their drinks and scran individually. With just one till, it was a real winner making up 50 separate bills.

Cheers for that you chippy cunts.

For that reason alone, large groups of squaddies are now banned when I'm working there, unless they just split their bill like normal people.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I believe that a Landlord's Licensed Premises are viewed as if it were his house and as such all who enter are his guests. He therefore can refuse anyone whom he chooses to do so. Why should Politicians wish to change a centuries old situation?

Ah yes, desperate for votes.

12. Don't think I could handle this mantle of sainthood surrounding "those that have served" thats prevalent today - its far too American for my tastes.

This would mean that you'd have to be well behaved in a Garrison town centre?

Most bannings are due to squaddies being complete and utter tossers once pissed (which is fine) twas always thus...

• Like Like x 3
  13. Quite correct. Its his/her lounge for all legal purposes. This would have to overturn some fairly strong and old legislation, and is therefore dead in the water before it starts....

14. Waste of time and money, the publicans premises are their domain, they should have say who can and cannot enter.

I'm sure certain people in the House of Commons bars wished they could bar certain ex forces personnel like a Mr Joyce.

• Like Like x 1