Publishers needed

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by wudyabelieveit, Apr 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been writing a sort of memoirs/humorous look at Army life on various Ops over the last few years and am approaching the end of my 22 years. Once I leave I would like to try and get it published. Anybody know of any publishers who may be interested in this sort of thing or ones to avoid. Any help appreciated, saves trawling through t'interweb....

2. Leo Cooper (Google it) - if substantial and significant.

Or investigate self-publishing, which is now far more affordable than formerly. POD (print on demand) means no warehousing, but delivers copies as soon as you have buyers for them.

Plenty of UK-based POD publishers if you Google . .

If more info reqd., do PM me.

3. Try the following, wudyabelieveit:

Duncan McAra (very good agency)
    Darley Anderson (good agency, but very big and ungainly)
    Pen and Sword Books Limited (very good agency)
    Airlife Publishing Limited (a truly excellent agency)
    Tanja Howarth Literary Agency (good agency)
    John Pawsey (good agency)
    Juri Gabriel (good agency, but very choosey)
    Barbara Levy (very good, she's Crisp Rybread's agent too)

It'd probably be best to google the addresses, in case they've changed in the meantime.

Don't bother with J.M. Thurley Management. He's a pretentious, arrogant twät.

Best of luck. :D :D :D

MsG

4. Does Airlife now include an agency?

Used to be purely a publisher (latterly as part of the Quiller Books setup of imprints).

If also an agency, it must be new-ish . . .

5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

6. Thanks all
    Very useful, will send out a load of letters and see what happens, if it gets published I will be sure to swamp this site with the info

7. My book 'Armoured Farmer' comes out shortly. By all means visit www.woodfieldpublishing.co.uk and see what you think. I've had to contribute a bit as they have to be certain of selling at least 500 copies for them to foot the entire bill. Either way they'll give you a free appraisal. Anything else just PM me. Cheers.

8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

You might finds that this is the link Arthur :)

http://www.woodfieldpublishing.com/

Quite a few interesting books on there, let us all know when yours is out!

10. Lulu do a sort of self-publish deal. Easy to deal with and a good result. IMHO