Public Sector Pay Rises - Unite and Labour have got the bit between the teeth

Well they are off

In PM Questions today - 13/09/17 a pay rise or the non existent proposed pay rise for Police and Prison Officers got some debate time

With Labour banging on about Public Sector pay rises -but where is the money going to come from

Will the lack of pay rises in the public sector hinder the Tories next General Election campagain

I on the other hand look forward to my index linked pensions increasing next April - looks like it could be a 3% er -

Archie

I supposed we could nick a few quid back from the DUP bribe and see if we can get some of the multi nationals to pay a bit more into the UK exchequer rather than tax dodging in foreign climes.

Let's face it, when we talk about the public sector, we are also talking about the armed forces as well. It's also surprising when you look around just how poorly paid some of the public sector are as well.

It's a scandal that the less well off should have to bear the brunt of the so called austerity policies implemented and supported by past members of the Bullingdon Club among others.

So much for we're all in it together eh!

I'm also looking forward to next years pension increase. I heard 2.9% but I haven't seen any confirmation anywhere yet.

I supposed we could nick a few quid back from the DUP bribe and see if we can get some of the multi nationals to pay a bit more into the UK exchequer rather than tax dodging in foreign climes.

Let's face it, when we talk about the public sector, we are also talking about the armed forces as well. It's also surprising when you look around just how poorly paid some of the public sector are as well.

It's a scandal that the less well off should have to bear the brunt of the so called austerity policies implemented and supported by past members of the Bullingdon Club among others.

So much for we're all in it together eh!

I'm also looking forward to next years pension increase. I heard 2.9% but I haven't seen any confirmation anywhere yet.

I saw the PM of the Bahamas on earlier dismissing the fact hey were an offshore tax haven and demanding millions from the UK.
I notice we've just sent another £25 million to them so we can find it when we want.

It's not all fun and games in the private sector the unions (waste of time BTW) have just agreed another change to the pension that sees me pay more money each month for what will be a reduced payout.
Plus they've decided we can have a reshuffle so we now have to reapply for our own jobs but under a nice new job title which means a wage cut, more shifts which is more hours in work for less money

If the money is there to bung the DUP and spend on general elections, then why not?

I'd happily put up with a couple of grand in extra taxes per year to pay for public sector raises

I'd tax student loans to pay for public sector pay rises. I'm quite sure they'd understand and wouldn't mind one bit.
....I'll get me coat....

Can't see the cap being lifted across the wholesector. Those in the public eye will get the decent rises, along with senior civil servants and outside recruits.

The rank and file will get a % at best, while nothing will be done to address the issue of when the Tories indefinitely froze incremental pay (someone at at the bottom of a grade will take 20 years to reach their colleagues at the top)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If the money is there to bung the DUP and spend on general elections, then why not?

I'd happily put up with a couple of grand in extra taxes per year to pay for public sector raises
I wouldn't.

SWMBO worked in public sector for years (NHS & local council social services) up until 2 years ago.

The pay wasn't brilliant, but the T&Cs were including paid hols, all bank hols, paid maternity leave, paid sick leave and a gold plated final salary index linked pension scheme.

However, conditions got worse and worse, the final 3 years in local council SWMBO was part responsible for a team that should have been 40 people but never exceeded 32, and mostly hovered round 27 - 28. workload reached a point at which it was simply not possible to complete the legally required minimum of risk assessments, personal reviews (6 monthly) etc etc. And the final salary scheme degraded into an "average salary" scheme.

Unless you are one of the apparatchiks then your pay and work conditions are generally pretty poor. So SWMBO's ultimate boss was on £90k whilst most of the team were earning £20k (fully qualified professionals).

Whilst I'm generally with the workers, I also know that there is an unbelievable amount of waste within the Local Government scetor. You think MOD is bad, you should see local government!

That doesn't surprise me
I am one of the rare folk on arrse who is not a multi millionaire. I earn a little over £29,000(something most people on here would not get out of bed for).

Now why should I have an extra couple of thousand taken out of my pocket to put it into someone else's?

Well they are off

In PM Questions today - 13/09/17 a pay rise or the non existent proposed pay rise for Police and Prison Officers got some debate time

With Labour banging on about Public Sector pay rises -but where is the money going to come from

Will the lack of pay rises in the public sector hinder the Tories next General Election campagain

I on the other hand look forward to my index linked pensions increasing next April - looks like it could be a 3% er -

Archie
Took them a bit longer to notice that 'stop the 1% cap' does not equal 'more money in the pay budget'

Time to axe PCSO's...?

I am one of the rare folk on arrse who is not a multi millionaire. I earn a little over £29,000(something most people on here would not get out of bed for).

Now why should I have an extra couple of thousand taken out of my pocket to put it into someone else's?
You're getting a 7% increase in income tax?

I'm looking forward to my pay rise. Especially as after it I will be taking a massive pay cut, as my current post is being suppressed end of November, and redeployment options are very limited. If I'm lucky I'll keep my substantive pay for 12 months.

So back on shift. Joy.

Stop all subsidies given to those who choose to have children , child benefit , so called free child care and school meals and use the money saved to increase pay for those who work for it

Baglock says he would not mind paying an extra couple of thousand in taxes, I would mind.
I don't think you should be asked to pay more. There are plenty of companies earning many millions every year. Go to the top of the corporate earners list and you are talking of billions.

Those are the people who should pay more. Spread across the board, it would be chicken feed to them.

The vast majority of public sector workers don't earn anywhere near that either.

I don't think you should be asked to pay more. There are plenty of companies earning many millions every year. Go to the top of the corporate earners list and you are talking of billions.

Those are the people who should pay more. Spread across the board, it would be chicken feed to them.
But they are doing nothing wrong with what they are doing.

Stop all subsidies given to those who choose to have children , child benefit , so called free child care and school meals and use the money saved to increase pay for those who work for it
Kin ell. The 18th century called and they want you back!

Let's go further than that and make the kids clean cars etc. You know, the modern day equivalent of having to climb up chimneys and sweep the soot out of them.