Public schoolboy shoots himself 'with father's gun'

RezzaDue

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
A really sad story.

Public schoolboy shoots himself 'with father's gun' - Telegraph

Bet the "Daily Hate" blames the CCF for "teaching him how to use a weapon of death".

RIP lad.
Got it in one!!

"A teenage boy found dead after apparently shooting himself with his father's gun was a member of a school's cadet force which trains youngsters how to fire semi-automatic rifles, it emerged today. "

Boy, 16, found dead at home 'after shooting himself with his father's gun' | Mail Online

It almost reads that it wasnt public knowledge that cadet forces use bangsticks

I found the Mail article particularly unpleasant.

It seems to make much of this lads participation in the school's CCF, with such shocking revelations as they use the L98A2 which can fre 60 rounds a minute (their words).

In actual fact, the CCF activities seem to be completely unrelated to ths lad getting hold of his FATHER'S gun and shooting himself... now, if he'd been issued an L98A2 and a 5.56mm ball and shot himself I'd see the relevance.

Basically, 'gun killed teenager, gun's are bad, CCF uses guns, CCF's bad'.

I don't wish to be heartless, but the firearm didn't kill this lad... he did for reasons that were valid to him.

Had he hung himself would the CCF be getting this attentiion due to the knot tying instruction Cadets receive? What if he had just thrown 60 paracetamol down his neck?

Semi auto? I thought gas parts weren't on the GP?
The A1 was hand cranked.

L98A2 is semi-auto and has a flash eliminator, thus allowing fitting of the BFA. Also they did away with the aweful cadet sight.

No indication that it was intentional, maybe he just ND'd with a shotgun. It happens.
Apologies, I must have misread the article, in between its wierdly slanted comments re CCF.

Just as it's obviously the fault of all the driving schools that we have road traffic collisions...

You can keep on drawing these eroneous conculsions to the cows come home.

he probably had ptsd from the horrendous amount of sodomy he recieved via the CCF and private education as a whole.
Well at least he didn't die a virgin.

article-2291445-189170DB000005DC-760_306x443.jpg

because looking at that jumper, he'd never cop off unless it was with a desperate born again christian

Well at least he didn't die a virgin.

View attachment 114146

because looking at that jumper, he'd never cop off unless it was with a desperate born again christian
If he'd waited a few years and become an AI he could have purchased the entire contents of the PRI before offing himself.

If he'd waited a few years and become an AI he could have purchased the entire contents of the PRI before offing himself.
That would be understandable. You'd want to top yourself after wasting all that money on tat you dont need. Every PRI shop I've ever been in my wallet stayed in my pocket throughout.

Why does he have to be a "public schoolboy" who shot himself? Why can't they just simply call him "a school boy"?

Seems like a pointless and yet quite heavily loaded phrase to chuck in.