Public Opinion Flip-Flops

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
In genuinely thought this was gonna be a thread about dhobi bats.

I hate flip flops personally. I find the bit that goes between your toes really uncomfortable.
That's because the bit usually goes in the horse's mouth - but then again I suppose you expected that sort of rubbish.

HE117

LE
Cyalumes are for pussies. Wasn't me but I'm not sure what he wanted the candle for. If it was to see his alti that would mean he was wearing one in the first place. Not something I bothered with much. I'd mainly eyeball it and watch the guys around me. Doing CRW it was kind of superfluous and just something else to snag a rigging line.

If the twinkletoes in question was called Peter, I know who you're talking about. Did loads of hops with him and almost killed each other doing stupid shit a time or two.
... he may have been! it was a long time ago...

The reason for the candle was Hooper insisting that jumpers wore headgear and had illumination....

His version of "Headgear" was a polystyrene roof tile stolen from the packing shed ceiling held on with break cord, and the candle in the jammie.. which to everone's amazement stayed alight all the way to the ground...!

Frankly it was his habit of repacking his rig on the floor of 40T on the way up caused me the most angst...!

HE117

LE

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
public opinion hasn't changed they just keep it to them selves due to the gobby minority, virtue signalling and hostile press..

Brexit proved that more than anything. the public has always been pro europe but anti EEC/EU but the govts had never given them a chance to say no.

most are against gay marriage out of principle nothing to do with homophobia, most are anti immigration but are not racist, most do not believe in global warming but do think we are shitting the place up too much and so on.

we often get things forced upon us by politicians trying for their mandela moment or because it is in their 'interests'
The great thing about gay marriage is that it spreads the misery around

What! FFS - Birkenstock, like Dubarry boots, are not unisex, no matter what the adverts say. Every bloke I’ve ever seen in either item of footwear has been a cnut. A very specific kind of cnut for Birkenstock and a different, but very specific type of cnut for Dubarry boots.
Nothing says lesbian for a woman more than sensible shoes, especially birkenstocks

Troy

LE
ITS A FÜCKING TUBE, YOU TUBE:pissedoff:

(I’ll accept cylinder).
There are those who say it's a short length of pipe. Pipe and tube being synonymous in accordance with BS1387 et al...

Last edited:

HE117

LE
There are those who say it's a short length of pipe. Pipe and tube being synonymous in accordance with BS1384 et al...
..." A hole at each end, and nothing in the middle..."

Personally, I think that sooner or later the woke will start to argue amongst themselves.
They are already - feminism and the LGBTQWERTY lot are all ready having fisticuffs - with the Police legitimately flummoxed when trying to basically stop a bloke smacking a woman in the chops but not being able to in those terms.

This is the badge for the Woke lot - it's envitable.

They are already - feminism and the LGBTQWERTY lot are all ready having fisticuffs - with the Police legitimately flummoxed when trying to basically stop a bloke smacking a woman in the chops but not being able to in those terms.

This is the badge for the Woke lot - it's envitable.

I'm waiting for the feminists to fall out with the Muslims, it's really going to go off with a bang

endure

GCM
Perhaps post Cummings, and to the dismay of Harriet Harperson, maybe the public will start to ignore the court of public opinion

Surely that would mean them ignoring themselves? ;-)

Diogenes' limp

Old-Salt
NO NO NO NO NO, Sandals, Jesus Creepers and Crocs all wearers of these abhorrent pieces of footwear should be flogged with stinging nettles and the bottoms of their feet beaten with rose thorns then dipped in vinegar.
Crocs, the best practical deck shoes for sailing - no, seriously, but the incentive sounds quite persuasive, do you charge?

What! FFS - Birkenstock, like Dubarry boots, are not unisex, no matter what the adverts say. Every bloke I’ve ever seen in either item of footwear has been a cnut. A very specific kind of cnut for Birkenstock and a different, but very specific type of cnut for Dubarry boots.
Anyone wearing Dubarrys ashore is a cnut.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
In genuinely thought this was gonna be a thread about dhobi bats.

I hate flip flops personally. I find the bit that goes between your toes really uncomfortable.
you need some tabi socks then for the middle aged sophisticated man about town look.

1590619317703.png

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
The great thing about gay marriage is that it spreads the misery around
but now they are having kids.

the best thing about botterism is that is supposed to kill itself off, instead its become a legal requirement for at least one child per family to be a sexual minority.

endure

GCM
but now they are having kids.

the best thing about botterism is that is supposed to kill itself off, instead its become a legal requirement for at least one child per family to be a sexual minority.

Is that you Alf?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
He hasn't gone away you know

used to love that show - did he ever get back to melmac?

I'm sure it will be on forces TV soon