Pub Quiz - help with answer please

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by abacus, Jun 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trying to identify someone from the following clues:

A famous person - born on grandparents' farm - fought in a war (don't know which one) - still alive today...

Any suggestions?
  2. Cheers Beebs, that killed a few weary moments. :grin: Not sure about the site name after your photos in the gallery 8O
  3. that pub quiz just confirmed what everyone keeps telling me...i am stupid
  4. For some reason patrick moore comes to mind.
  5. HEY! I just take the pictures, they do the incriminating stuff of their own free will......

Beebs :roll:
  6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Is that not Piers Morgan-Twat's excuse. 8O
  7. Going off you AY........ :evil:

Beebs :(
  8. Denis Healey?
  9. WhiteHorse, I think you've cracked it. He must have been a contemporary of Tony Benn - similar profile with RAF service and only 2 years apart but Benn definitely not born on a farm. Many thanks.

Beebs, I have no doubt they would all incriminate themselves for a moment of your company - even Auld-Yin. :wink:
  10. Neil Armstrong, maybe? I think that he was born on his grandparents' farm (don't ask how/why I know this, as I haven't got a clue), and google seems to confirm this. He flew F9F Panthers with the USN during the Korean War (narrowly avoiding a couple of years as a guest of Kim Il Jong after a run in with some North Korean flak, IIRC). I would hazard a guess that his subsequent career fits the 'famous' bit....
  11. John Wayne.
  12. Keep them coming folks,

playing a 20 questions style (yes/no answers only) "Pub Quiz" as part of an on-line Learning & Development NVQ - yes, I know, very sad!

Other student says, "I am a famous person" I ask, "Were you born on a farm?" and it takes 24 hours for them to log in again and reply yes or no. No-one else can ask until the answer goes up.

I've got absolutely no patience at all so want to blow them out the water and get on with my turn again.

I knew it would be ARRSE to the rescue :grin:
  13. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I feel that I should put myself up as the person in question as I am so close to the criteria that it must be me. Fer instance:

1. I am infamous
    2. I am still alive (until Beebs catches me)
    3. I have shagged in a field on a farm

Ergo - It is I.
  14. Ah..possibly not Sir Patrick, appears he was born in Pinner