PTTL's qualification from DITs course

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by TamOShanter, Mar 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I did the DITs course in late 2011 and was told if i did a portfolio of my work I could get a PTTLs qualification and paid about £50 for registration. I did all the paperwork and sent it off to the RTC and various emails and phone calls later had to resubmit it. after a year I tried to find out what was going on and was told that the DITs course no longer qualifies you for PTTL's. Is there anyone out there who knows if this is true as one of my mates did a DITs course and got the qualification. If it is true is there any other way to get the qualification
  2. I think you will have to do 2 'top-up' essays to qualify for PTLLS Level 3, go through an AEC IERO
  3. DTTT is a different course which can be accredited to a level 4 PTTLS
  4. As far as I understand, in the Autumn of 2012, PTTLS was no longer offered with the DITS Qualification.

CTLLS can be still obtained whilst doing the DTTT course at ASLS or else where (EG DCTS AT Halton). In fact as far as I am aware, CTTLS is now mandatory if you are involved in ITG training as it comes under OFSTED and so civilian recognised qualifications are required.

Hope this helps