Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by carrie, Oct 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi, i'm a journalist trying to get in touch with anyone who's been in Iraq or Afghanistan who has had PTSD and might be willing to talk about their experiences ....

i spent almost 3 years working in Iraq myself -- hence my interest in the subject. i've also done some treatment for PTSD after getting caught in a bomb in Jordan.

someone recommended this site to me though, as a civvy, i feel a bit of an intruder here!

anyway, if you've had any kind of PTSD and are happy to talk about it, let me know.
  2. Have you asked the admin on here if you can post?
  3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

No one is ever happy to talk about PTSD. If you really want some input talk to Combat Stress who will handle the issue properly.
  4. it was actually someone from Combat Stress who recommended that i put a post here!

i work for the BBC -- and am really sorry if i've offended anyone by choosing this route to try to get in contact with people.
  5. If you don't get any replies from here, go back to Combat Stress and see if they can help more. Last time I was there for treatment (Audley Court Treatment Center)I'm sure someone was interviewing a couple of the lads re PTSD, I think it was with regard to the Falklands.
  6. Perhaps if you offer something for their trouble they may consider it, afterall too many journalists want a free lunch!

The BBC bosses get enough money for sitting on their arrse, why shouldn't a soldier who had to endure PTSD for protecting the interests of many in this ungrateful country.
  7. try Combat stress as above, youll be lucky to get the time of day on here. But since i did, that will be £5000 please. Please fwd to the 1st Sea lord MOD London SW1. He will pass it on to me next time we're out for a beer. :twisted: