PTSD

#3
Go and see your GP as soon as possible. Ask the secretary to book you a longer appointment if required stating that you are ex services. If your GP doesnt help then change to another practice.

Cut down on the booze. Go for a run (in the rain if necessary its still raining, it is here) then cook yourself some decent grub.

Phone any ex service mates you are still in touch with and have a chinwag and a moan about life the universe and everything with them.

Hang on. There are still people out here who care.
 
#4
Cheers RAMC & Scouse D will try SSAFA after 9 when the phone lines will be open. It is actually very reassuring to see decent replies & squaddie humour. I thank you all.
 
#6
I recently had a long chat with a nice chap (ex army) from the Dorset area who collects money for the charity Combat Stress - he told me a lot about how they work - I recommend giving them a call for some expert advice before doing anything else -

follow the linky thing for your local area contact:

http://www.combatstress.org.uk/help-and-advice.php

All the best

Rodney2q
 
#8
See, Kindman :) Told you we care. Hope your walk helped, buddy. Remeber, there's peeps about if you need a whinge, moan, cry, laugh, giggle.
 
#9
Kindman said:
Guys has anybody got any links or resources to PTSD help online.

My head is fried at the moment.

Thanks
Combat Stress are great. Give them a call on 01372 841600. In the meantime, try not to get too w*nkered and have a look around the NAAFI for some good ol' fashioned squaddie humour!
 
#10
Durham_Productions said:
Kindman said:
Guys has anybody got any links or resources to PTSD help online.

My head is fried at the moment.

Thanks
Combat Stress are great. Give them a call on 01372 841600. In the meantime, try not to get too w*nkered and have a look around the NAAFI for some good ol' fashioned squaddie humour!
Like the man said, they are great and will talk and advise you 24/7.
They even helped my other half out as I was having an episode at 3 in the morning.
Nil Desperandum mate, there's folk out there who care
 
#11
Speak to your local CMHT see a CPN first, then get referred to a Dr.

Once done you'll be laughing (by the way the drug option does help lol)
 
#12
Thanks friends the Private Messages were great. I had a long chat for over an hour with SSAFA who were fantastic. I am still very shaky but am determined to get out of this rut.
 
#13
Good luck Kindman, it takes a lot of guts to admit you have a problem and for many it's the hardest step. Bloody good advice here and glad you've actioned it. With a 'can-do' attitude, as it's obviuos you have, you'll succeed.
 
#14
Kindman said:
Thanks friends the Private Messages were great. I had a long chat for over an hour with SSAFA who were fantastic. I am still very shaky but am determined to get out of this rut.
Good to hear, and watchout for wives............. I've had to trade mine 3 times before I got a useful one :p

Remember what I said "Do not stress about things you cannot change, move on and take on a few easy win battles"

all the best :D

PS Bolnde-Grenade has not sent you the naked pictures she promised me by mistake has she :wink:
 
#15
Kindman said:
Thanks friends the Private Messages were great. I had a long chat for over an hour with SSAFA who were fantastic. I am still very shaky but am determined to get out of this rut.
Good on ya, mucker. You have friends here. Sarcastic, p1ss-taking, deranged and debauched friends, but friends nevertheless. Read the NAAFI pages and join in the outrage :)
 
#16
No sorry R_G she has not. Blondie very very kindly has sent me a couple of nice Personal Messages !!

I am very touched indeed and thank you great folk.
 
#18
Hey! I'm a good girl, me!!! Naked pictures indeed!!

(how much you willing to pay R_G?) hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

You're sounding more upbeat already, Kindman. Good on you. Hugs on route.
 
#19
Kindman said:
No sorry R_G she has not. Blondie very very kindly has sent me a couple of nice Personal Messages !!

I am very touched indeed and thank you great folk.
There's some really good care around these days for PTSD and related problems. SSAFA will see you right. Best of luck.
 
#20
blonde_grenade said:
Hey! I'm a good girl, me!!! Naked pictures indeed!!

(how much you willing to pay R_G?) hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

You're sounding more upbeat already, Kindman. Good on you. Hugs on route.
Oh come on, Kindman is getting freebies :p

OK send me the price list and I'll see what I can afford :wink:
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top