PTSD Walt?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by postman_twit, Oct 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not wanting to start a witch hunt but if this bloke is walting, I will put him straight. Playing on PTSD is about as low as you can get.

My GF met a bloke claiming to be ex-RE who served for 6 years until '89. Says he has PTSD due to Kosovo? Dates seem a bit fishy to me. He then says he had a bad night last night and wells up.

Yes, I know he is probably aiming for the sensitive approach to try and get in her pants but feigning PTSD?

And before you ask, no photos!

If he could be genuine, I will point him in the direction of Combat Stress and Talking2Minds.

2. Give him the benefit of the doubt for now and point him in the direction of Combat Stress. If he is a walt he'll f*ck up soon enough.
  3. The sympathetic approach generally never works because female psychology dictates to themselves not to get with a loser who feels sorry for himself but to actively seek out one is self reliant and sufficient!... in my book anyway, simply reciting human nature :)
  4. Kosovo war. Date is spot on.

Not a nice place to be mines everywhere and mass graves.

PTSD can take a long time manifest.....
  5. Cheers guys. Will dig out the phone numbers for him.
  6. '89 or '98?

I thought military intervention in Kosovo was around 1998-1999. Or was there another one in the '80s?
  7. He's either ten years out or you've gone dun a typo

Kosovo had its moments icluding the mass grave exhumations.

The ****** tasked with looking after the blokes mental health and wellbeing at the Field hosp in Pristina went ******* GAGA IIRC :)
  8. That's what I thought but wasn't sure. Pre 91 I thought NI was the only hot spot.
  9. Kosovo 'itervention' was summer of '99. 1989 predates Balkans and GW1. If he did 6 years ending '89 then joined after Falklands and would probably have only seen active service in NI.
  10. Yep typo I meant 99. I was in Pristina in 2000. Sorry guys.....
  11. Did he say he was in the army when he was in Kosovo? He might have been there as a civvie worker.
  12. 6 years service to '89. Got out because of what he experienced in Kosovo. I'm sure it was just a slip of the tongue but his age would put him as joining at 17/18 in '83.
  13. Kosovo was Summer 99, as we were out there. Shitehole.
  14. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Not in 1989 he wouldn't have been. There was no such thing as Kosovo then (certainly not in Western eyes) as it was all part of Uncle Tito's warm fuzzy Yugoslavia (Yes I know that he died in '80!) until 1991.
  15. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Make sure that you get him to confirm 1989 before confronting him so that:

a) you don't look like a tit if you have misheard and he meant either 98 or 99
    b) The **** (if he is fibbing) can't backtrack