PTSD INTERIM AWARD HELP

Mental illness is my only complaint, this process is awful for the anxiety, I am looking forward to moving on
I know the feeling mate. I received level 10 as an interim in October 2017. They opened my case for review in October just gone and all the evidence has been sat with medical advisors since January 22nd. The wait is killing me, anxiety through the roof, life in limbo. Just want to move on but the not knowing and no indication of timescales is really affecting me and my family. I’m struggling day to day and just don’t want to get out of bed. I just want to hibernate until I know the outcome. I expected a decision by now, this review has taken longer than the initial decision in 2017.

7006dave

Swinger
Feel for you mate, I have just been p0'd and playing a waiting game with med discharge and armed forces compensation at present, all I want to do is get on and ressettle

Y-R-A

Swinger
That's how they get you to quit, I had 726 pages of evidence and the Judge gave me tariff 6 within 10 mins, got me 12 years to get to that spot from the shooting and mental health, but the best bit was they acknowledged I had severe PTSD, so don't give up, My reward for 12 years!

MUSTANG.jpg

7006dave

Swinger
Y-R-A love the car mate, on the medical board do they ask you if you wish to be retained? If you say no does it effect your pension?

7006dave

Swinger
I guess if you are made p8 though a med discharge the recu process does not go ahead meaning you are perm unfit for service anyway?

7006dave

Swinger
I have a level 10 award from afcs that attracts 30% gip once I leave. Being that is the tariff from afcs will I likely be discharged as tier 2?

I think anyone who has a go and makes an AFCS application deserves credit. It's a horrible process with more potholes than you can shake a stick at. The latest statistics that came out from Veterans Uk are as follows:

46% of all applications are declined at the first attempt.

14% of applications are declined because the injuries are not serious enough.

30% of applications are declined because the injuries were considered as not caused by service.

2% of all applications are awarded a GIP.

It's like asking for advice and guidance from the very organisation that also decides on your claim. If you confident that you can complete the 20-page application form, that you understand the Regulations relating to time limits for claiming, special rules for sports injury claims, Calling Orders, Executive Factual Reports, rules on slipping, tripping, and falling claims, and you have enough medical knowledge to extract the right information from your medical records then best of luck.

Try it multi injuries after I was shot/blown up and claiming WP, don't know their arse from the elbow that's why some vets give up

Veterans UK are there to help you............ and then you try only to find that there is a Regulations that declines your claim.

46% of all applications are declined at the first attempt.

14% of applications are declined because the injuries are not serious enough.

30% of applications are declined because the injuries were considered as not caused by service.

2% of all applications are awarded a GIP.

Remember that you will be asking for advice and guidance from the very organisation that also decides on your claim.

If you confident that you can complete the 20-page application form, that you understand the Regulations relating to time limits for claiming, special rules for sports injury claims, Calling Orders, Executive Factual Reports, rules on slipping, tripping, and falling claims, and you have enough medical knowledge to extract the right information from your medical records then best of luck.

The only way to beat the system is to get professional help but that is just my opinion.

Y-R-A

Swinger
Vets agency at the tribunal were there to trip you up and make you fail. Proper VETS give you direction. Quote whatever but if you give its file, we need to support at the lower levels and talk to people who have been to court and been acknowledged

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
old_bloke Current Affairs, News and Analysis 29
M Army Pay, Claims & JPA 2
napier Health and Fitness 1

Latest Threads