PTSD Charity

pongo6863

RIP
RIP
A friend of mine has asked me to post this link to a new charity promising aid to PTSD suffers.

Donations and/or offers of help will be gratefully received.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm not taking this piss here (for a change) but how does this one differ from any of the others? How will donating to this (new) charity (with it's own legitimate expenses) be better than donating to any of the existing ones?

pongo6863

RIP
RIP
I'm not taking this piss here (for a change) but how does this one differ from any of the others? How will donating to this (new) charity (with it's own legitimate expenses) be better than donating to any of the existing ones?
Good question. Unfortunately I'm just the messenger, check out their website.

Good question. Unfortunately I'm just the messenger, check out their website.
Not even wasting my time.

You're friend should be applauded for his efforts, but would better donating his time to one of the coating charities.

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
I would strongly advise waiting until this charity has found its feet. The next thing, wit ha military charity, is to check if it's a member of COBSEO (Link: Cobseo - The Confederation of Service Charities ). All reputable military-linked charities are.

In fact, if anyone wants to give money to help those suffering such problems, Combat Stress is a very successful organisation that's been doing this for many years.

That siad, if these people can offer something genuinely new, and useful, then fair play to them. It's just that PTSD is an area that, more than many others, attracts a lot of rather odd 'cures' and 'therapies'.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
From the website
  • Once the charity is registered we can accept donations, but until then, please pledge money
  • Please complete the form with your contact details
  • Money will help us establish a full website, set-up a support line, increase public awareness, provide psychiatric and legal help if required.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
'Nuff said, I'm out.