PTSD affects Gloucestershire man

A former soldier traumatised by service in Afghanistan pulled a knife on a man in a pub toilet and threatened to cut his throat, a court heard.
James Guthrie was sentenced to 12 months jail, suspended for a year, after Gloucester Crown Court heard he held Daniel Sollis in a headlock with the knife an inch from his Adam's Apple and then cut his chin and hand in the ensuing struggle.
The 47-year-old, of Sallis Close, Northway, Tewkesbury, who is said to be suffering from post traumatic stress disorder, admitted unlawfully wounding Mr Sollis and having an offensive weapon in a public place.
Judge Martin Picton also gave Guthrie a six-month mental health treatment order and placed him under an 8pm to 6am home curfew for three months with two years supervision.
He said: "What you did was very serious and very frightening for the victim and, of general concern in terms of public safety.
"But I recognise your behaviour on this night is as a result of your mental health problems, in particular post-traumatic stress disorder coupled with depression."
Prosecutor Lisa Hennessy said on February 6 , Mr Sollis was out with friends at the Albion pub in Oldbury Road, Tewkesbury, and went to use the toilet.
Guthrie stood next to him and said 'Do you know who I am?' He repeated the question at least twice when Mr Sollis did not reply. Then Mr Sollis told him 'I don't know who you are'.
Ms Hennessy said: "He produced a knife which was pointed at his adam's apple about an inch away," she said. "He said 'If you don't tell me who you are I will cut your throat. I've been to Afghanistan and slaughtered people, no problem'."
Door staff then arrived and restrained Guthrie, who told them "I should have killed him."
Interviewed by police, Guthrie said he had been a soldier from 1980 and more recently had worked as a security consultant in Iraq.
The judge told Guthrie the curfew order will be cancelled if during the next three months Guthrie starts to receive residential
Is this another example of undetected/untreated PTSD or someone riding the PTSD bandwagon to slide? I hope the magistrates had some evidence of his service!