PTP why did my thread get binned ?

I merely made comment on a television programme on national TV.
It painted BROOOOOOOOOON as a CNUT. I made comment on it and was edited off? WTF

Arai

Old-Salt
gotta say after having 2 of my posts disappear into the ether during the past week i do wonder what the mod "rules of engagement" actually are.....

While I've had my own disagrements with PtP over some of his moderating descisions he does on the whole have a fair approach and will be happy to explain why he's culled stuff. You might not like it but at the end of the day he's in charge so learn to live with it.

For all the whinging gits out there at the moment, can I just draw your attention to a few things. Namely http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Arrse#Site_Policy

Moderation
The site moderators exist to ensure that the site is managed in accordance with the policy detailed above. They are to decide how the policy is implemented in their own forum and may wish to post details of their moderation policy. Please repect the moderators' decisions, but if you have any complaints about moderation policies, write to admin@arrse.co.uk or to one of the "COs" using the site Instant Message system.
Does that make it a bit more clearer, or would you like to keep clogging up webspace with your pathetic drivel? (Yes, I know, a bit rich coming from me).

If you don't like it, bugger off somewhere else.

P3, am a tad disappointed in you.

That's all I have to say about that really.

I commented on a very anti brown programme on TV tonight and was edited off? WTF get real. Forums can be hijacked yes/no for political reasons? Isn't every comment online marketable if seen on the right websites?

Christ Sluggy, are you angling for a mod slot?

You are right though.

Dale the snail said:
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=46053#839696
Change of staff in order for definite. Any mainstream media source would be anle to destroy ARRSES credibility now? How many threads deleted? Freedom of speach on ARRSE clearly not?

civpop42 said:
Dale the snail said:
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=46053#839696
Change of staff in order for definite. Any mainstream media source would be anle to destroy ARRSES credibility now? How many threads deleted? Freedom of speach on ARRSE clearly not?
Freedom of speech doesnt exist, especially not on the internet. Although, I doubt this falls under freedom of speech.

The forums have rules, which I believe include not acting like an arse, dont follow the rules the Mods/Admins will enforce them. Its a simple but effective system used the world over. And as cliche as it sounds, if you really dont like it, find another forum that suits you more and post there.

because you're a toss3r? What's with this pension killer rubbish anyway - just because you have free speech doesn't give you the right to be a complete arrse.

civpop42,

As posted by DTS, if you have a complaint, follow the procedures to make one. If you simply wish to understand why a thread has been deleted, PM the mod and politely ask, Don't start threads.

If you don't want to do that, go somewhere else or show some character and suck it up.

SC.

BTW I have a 100 thread delete record. (well 1 of 1!)

And - what does that prove?