PTIs course

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by side_drummer, Mar 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was wondering what the TA PTI's course entails and where it is held, as i am very interested in doing it? sd

2. msr

msr LE

3. Aldershot, doing handstand's/headstand'srunning round "Jim" Queen's parade and picking up leaves.

Ooops nearly forgot gelling your hair after putting it out of place doing headstands/handstands....

Dont forget to sign a chest out of the CQ's before attending.

4. Ill be taking it that its quite hard?

5. Its amazing the places that the little buggers get to, rumour has it that the class 1 course spend all night collecting leaves from vast stockpiles around Hampshire then re distribute them around the lines, if your really lucky you might be allowed to clean out the guttering on the dojo.

6. Assuming females can apply, what is the age limit for the course?

7. When I did it it was 18 stone, they dont do them reet smart pleeted skirts for any bigger sizes, sorry.

8. I was told that in the TA you have to be a lance jack to attend PTI course from my PSI. However in the regs you can be given local lance jack to take course. Unsure if PSI is taking the pee or is he indeed correct?? Can anyone clarify please?

9. He is correct, however the regulations for dishing out local rank for courses is no different for the TA.

If you bid for the course then its a formality of your OC applying for local rank for you for the duration of the course :)

10. Cheers mate i did think so as well. I couldnt see when he told me that TA would be any different in regards to handing out local lance jack for the course! That PSI is f***** a******!!!