PTIs at 8 Sigs 1989-1995

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Tubbs, Mar 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone remember the Gym staff from these dates and where they are now?

2. Remember being marched in a Sqn sized squad down to the gym for PT. This was on a friday, following a particularly heavy scabs session the night before. We positioned ourselves at the back of the squad, and as we passed Vimy B took a quick left at the steps and legged it to the NAAFI for an hours hangover recovery.

This went well for half an hour until our Tp Staffy wandered into the NAAFI, immediately clocking the fact that we should be on a log run.

To say the Sqn duties roster was healthy for the next month is an understatement, the PTI's also had their revenge as we were made to attend the remidial PT sessions in the evening for weeks.

Boney

3. yeh, a little PTI called Staff Vella. He was about two feet tall and he had been in the Army for centuries, finishing up as a full Corporal.

4. i remember that tw@t do you remember the one with the BIGnose? forget his name i think it was something like cnut!

5. I think his name was chalky white!

6. Staff Vella, and the usual cry of "Your Not Working"

And the bird PTI from over at 8 sigs who had to be dragged round an OCs log run by the rest of the PTI's, and caused her team to come in last. Behind the rest of the Regt.

Oh tjey were the days

7. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Simon something or other - believe he liked to be know as 'SAS' - and you're right he was a cnut!

8. There was a female PTI there when I did my class 3 in 93 whose name was Ally somethingorother. She had short hair and scared the shit out of me. Turns out she was quite a nice girl outside of the gym although I suspect she didn't have many boyfriends.

Also, there was the Scouse bloke with the flat top. I saw him again in ATR Bassingbourne in 2001. He was still a fullscrew doing PT for trainees but spent most of his time doing adventure training. Decent bloke.

9. I remeber Ali, scottish bird. Everyone thougt she prefered the ladies. In fact I thought Ali was the best of the bunch,

10. simon haynes was the pti, good lad , liked his cornish rugby , and there was p.meridith......someone gregory .....chuckle brothere vella etc.

11. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Really? I thought he was a complete cnut! I used to work with his missus* though and she was a fcuking stunner!

*Note: This would have been around 1989, so please, no PMs informing me that he was shagging a complete moose before/after this time. :wink:

*2nd Note - on reflection, I probably thought he was a complete cnut simply because he was banging aforementioned stunner. (and he worked in the Gym which automatically makes you a complete cnut!) :D

12. fcukin ell... vella... that bloke could run any fooker into the ground... even when we was 16yr old snot nosed J/leaders.... still have nightmares bout it!!!

13. anyone remember running up bus stop hill in catterick?@june 92 with logs! .i also remember our final exercise tabbing back wearing our "crisp packet" waterproofs under our combats (something about it being tactical) then getting gassed ! on goes ipe then running up "heartbreak" hill!! several times as it wasnt fast enough! many teddies were thrown that day ! many thankyous to the following cpls dornan, billie mckelvie and sgt "boss eyes" giles. im naming them as they are out of the army they saw the light and took options for change!

14. I cant imagine you ever running up a hill fast enough threesend :lol:

Boney

15. ahem*

he certainly never got out under options for change ;) he has however just finished his 22 after reaching RSM, and i am led to believe got himself a nice number as a PSAO somewhere :)