• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

PTI walt or not?

#1
Anybody know this guy? I was out doing a British Military Fitness class last night (I know, that's a whole thread in itself for slagging off but I'm too institutionalised and lacking in normal social skills to be able to interact with Joe Public in a gym!) and he was edging in to our training space with his own class, of three people, and despite all the supposed training he has had, completely humiliating them with some pseudo left right left right crap. Made even me want to go over and slap him, never mind what they felt like!

http://www.storm-leisure.co.uk/instructorprofile.htm
 
#2
Is there anything this bloke can't teach?

He implies that he didn't get his crossed swords until after the 30-week PTI course; wouldn't he have gotten them straight after the all-arms PTI course?
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#4
Bravo_Zulu said:
Is there anything this bloke can't teach?

He implies that he didn't get his crossed swords until after the 30-week PTI course; wouldn't he have gotten them straight after the all-arms PTI course?
He can't teach syntax, spelling or grammar.
 
#5
Bravo_Zulu said:
Is there anything this bloke can't teach?

He implies that he didn't get his crossed swords until after the 30-week PTI course; wouldn't he have gotten them straight after the all-arms PTI course?
He would be qualified to wear the crossed sabres (Not Swords as he names them) so what he states could be questionable, If I were to use his services I would certainly ask to see his Red Book (what they use to issue when you left), I believe its not a red Book anymore.

Anyone thats says they are ex service I always ask to see there book if I am interviewing. If he has completed all the courses then good for him being proud, but I dont think he needs to list everything, Obstacle Course unless you are training scallywags in the up to date ways of evading the old bill from the drug bust or fleeing a crime scene I dont think theres much call for it.
 
#6
11 Years as a Physical Training Instructor (PTI) in the Army Physical Training Corps, i attend the 9 week All Arms PTI Course at the Army School of Physical Training and then worked as a Regimental PTI. After gaining further experience attend a one week APTC Selection Course, where this demanding role can be assessed. As a successful candidate and then trained on an intensive 30 week Advanced PTI course before transferring into the APTC. and being presented the coveted cross swords and crown badge.

Part of that also passed the Health Trainer package, which provides instructors with the necessary skills to advise on a number of issues; such as healthy eating, mental and sexual health and the benefits of sensible alcohol consumption and giving up smoking. Clearly, with all this it is not difficult to see why Storm Leisure is good role models, who walk the walk as well as talking the talk.


It is a demanding 30 weeks that requires complete dedication. However, at the end of it, i transferd into the APTC as a Sergeant Instructor with an excellent mix of military and civilian qualifications, including the highest level award from the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs).
walk the walk, talk the talk but not English the English :)

does it remind anyone else of mike golden's letter from general jackson? has he moved to scotland?
 
#7
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
11 Years as a Physical Training Instructor (PTI) in the Army Physical Training Corps, i attend the 9 week All Arms PTI Course at the Army School of Physical Training and then worked as a Regimental PTI. After gaining further experience attend a one week APTC Selection Course, where this demanding role can be assessed. As a successful candidate and then trained on an intensive 30 week Advanced PTI course before transferring into the APTC. and being presented the coveted cross swords and crown badge.

Part of that also passed the Health Trainer package, which provides instructors with the necessary skills to advise on a number of issues; such as healthy eating, mental and sexual health and the benefits of sensible alcohol consumption and giving up smoking. Clearly, with all this it is not difficult to see why Storm Leisure is good role models, who walk the walk as well as talking the talk.


It is a demanding 30 weeks that requires complete dedication. However, at the end of it, i transferd into the APTC as a Sergeant Instructor with an excellent mix of military and civilian qualifications, including the highest level award from the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs).
walk the walk, talk the talk but not English the English :)

does it remind anyone else of mike golden's letter from general jackson? has he moved to scotland?
He cannot even say what the qualifiction was that he can advise you on the Health Trainer Package---- Tosh!!
 
#8
Is he in breach of any copyright for using the APTC pic and logo?
 
#10
no mention of the "wearing clothes too small for you or self tanning" cse's.
 
Z

Zarathustra

Guest
#11
He calls it "the crossed words and crown badge" don't PTIs only get the crown over the sabres when they're in the APTC, so that statement might be true
 
#13
crow_bag said:
He calls it "the crossed words and crown badge" don't PTIs only get the crown over the sabres when they're in the APTC, so that statement might be true
Yes they do but is it true, I am a poet and I didnt know it Argh!!!
 
#16
Just a thought, on the martial arts side he lists:

Judo BJA Club Coach, Judo BJA Referee & Table Official, Judo Skills, Kendo and Martial Arts which he then subdivides into being a blackbelt 1st dan in Tukido (an off shoot of Tae Kwon do) which looks like they give the belts away in little bags, a black sash in Wing Chun (no such thing, chaps), a Pro free fighter (whatever that is) for 3 years, and other martial arts and fighting styles for over 20 years.

There is a lad who has been studying Karate for 13 years at my dojo, started at the age of 4 and has just got his black belt. Tha's thirteen years. His father is the senior instructor - black belt 6th dan - who goes to Japan every year to train. That's how long it takes even when you train for 3 nights a week.

And on top of that, this bloke is qualified to judge boxing too! He is a star! I wonder where he gets the time to unpire the cricket? They were looking for a bloke at Lords the other week, shame he wasn't available.
 
#18
It's easily sorted.

Just put him in a room with a mirror. If he never comes out again, he's the genuine article.

Either that, or walk past him kicking a volleyball. If he doesn't try to kill you, he's a bluffer.
 
#20
As a successful candidate and then trained on an intensive 30 week Advanced PTI course before transferring into the APTC. and being presented the coveted cross swords and crown badge.
He never said anything about being presented with just the swords. I have yet to hear a PTI refer to them as "sabres" though.

Re his extensive list of quals...

A fair few are just buckshees. The first one I assume is aerial slide bloke which I think is one or two days in aldershot.

To be honest, he looks like the sort of PTI that enters the gym, and KNOWS they wont leave it. So just quals up to the max. I think, that APTIs have to have a fair few quals prior to attempting APTC selection.

Not sure about the jap slapping though.

I concur with down-wind... he certainly sounds like a tawt.

One of those naturally fit guys that overstepped the mark too many times in the gym? And realised the gun park would never be safe again?
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thecoops Waltenkommando 4
uncle_vanya The Intelligence Cell 12
boris7 The Intelligence Cell 0

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top