PTI vs PT Core

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by DlllonJ, May 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anybody explain the differences of joining the PT Corp over doing say the PTI's course?

What are the advantages, disadvantages etc. Would you still go on tour if you transferred to the RAPTC.
  2. hopefully both would teach you to spell.
  3. He will only learn to spell mirra. :)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. To be helpful to the OP. You cannot join the RAPTC without first attending the basic PTI course and working your way up.
  5. My bad...I thought when referring to it as 'Core' it was spelt that way and spelt Corp when referring to it as Royal Army Training Corps.

Yes I'm aware the basic PTI course must be completed before joining the 'PT Corp', but how do the roles differ?
  6. Don't do it unless you're proficient in swimming, or the pool and mirror ambush is gonna get you.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I feel intellectually you seem to be very suited to taking the PTI course and aspiring to progressing to the Corps. Jog on!
  8. PTI's for the most part will continue their normal jobs and take their respective Coy/Sqn lads on PT.

A RAPTCI will be permanetly based in the gym constantly organising sports events and regimental training programs.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Holly thread resurrection Batman!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. What in the name of God are you on about?
  11. Ah.

12. Why can't a unit PTI the job and get rid of a corps?

Just have a school and a Dir Def PT
  13. Because unit PTI's do the day to day stuff. Corps guys do the other stuff like figuring out training strategies, equipping gyms and training PTI's

If unit PTI's did that, then they would have to be administered accordingly and lo and behold, they would become a corps in all but name.
  14. Mwahahahaha.

15. Remind me of the army as a learning organisation thread

PTIs at unit level report to COs

PTIs running gyms to be an any corps appointment at barracks/establishment/unit level reporting to barrack/establishment/unit CO

A PT cell (headed by say a Colonel) reporting to a suitable directorate at army level (eg training, personnel, force generation). The relevant training establishment reports into it. Alternatively, add a few SOs, go up a rank and some admin staff, and the training establishment becomes a HQ/training establishment. Advantage all the SMEs and centre of excellent in 1 place
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014