PTI Dress Regs

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Praetorian, May 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One for the RAPTC guys on here....

Whats the deal with the white PT shorts that accommodate the red snake belt, are they for Class 1 only, or are AAPTI's elegible for them?

P

2. I thought it was all the same dress for AA or Corps blokes... the difference being the RAPTC blokes have the crown above their swords.

3. White Shorts should only be worn when taking lessons and not for knocking about in and strolling in & out of BHQ flaunting the point. They are issued to RAPTCIs and to AAPTIs who work at trg regts etc.

4. No you are incorrect, it is Summer Dress for Training Establishments.

5. I thought Summer dresses were mostly for Royal Marines?

• Like Like x 1
  6. And that's only when they're on the piss, not training baby booties.

7. Do you wear the crossed swords on PCS CU? Or do they only go on the blue jacket?

8. Can anybody tell me why PTI's have snakes on their belts? PTI dress seems to be the only thing that seems to be unifom across the services (apart from RM PTI's wearing berets instead of hair gel that is).

9. The snake belt was almost a fashion statement for youngsters cutting around in the early seventies, only other time I saw lots of people wearing them was at Lympstone. You'd have thought the fashion conscience mirror loving PTI's branch would have moved with the times and found something better, perhaps they are more comfortable to wear than the traditional buckle when bending and stretching to get the best glimpse of the mirror?