PTI Course

Hello all,

has anybody done the TA PTI course?

I am hoping to get on a course next year, so any advice of what to train towards would be useful.

Make sure you can use the necessary equipment:

-Whistle
-Stop watch
-Hair styling products
-Sun bed
-Moisturising products
-Mirror (wall mounted and pocket)
-Baby oil
-i-pod with boy band music

edited to add more items

guvnor said:
Hello all,

has anybody done the TA PTI course?

I am hoping to get on a course next year, so any advice of what to train towards would be useful.

Advice on training?

Get used to being the most hated person in your unit :wink:

Completed mine in May, great course guvnor. Just cover all the basics like being fit as hell and having the confidence to get up and take a lesson. The corp blokes that take you are good lads and are there to teach as well as beast so don`t be afraid to ask them questions . It`s pretty intensive and you can cover up to 5 sessions/lessons per day so bring plenty of motivation too !! PM me if you need to know anything in detail as i`m sure the others online don`t want to be bored with the in and outs of such a course.

call_me_jack said:

-Whistle
-Stop watch
-Hair styling products
-Sun bed
-Moisturising products
-Baby oil

edited to add more items
You forgot a small Thai tattooist in your bergen to add a little blue battleship / Challenger / "Mum" or similar to those burgeoning biceps.

I have to admit I was surprised by the tattoos garnishing the last PTI I met. I'd never met anyone in Her Majesty's pay with that much blue ink on them. He was practically a Smurf. But, he being a SSgt, I didn't think to mention it! 8O

FF.

I am on it in march, and asked the same questions on here a couple of months ago. So there is a fare bit of info on here to do with it, I had a lot of good advice.

reallybadsignaller said:
Hello chaps, does anyone know when the next PTI course is? Thanks! Also do you have to do that DITS or classroom instruction course thingy before you go? Thanks.
When you have the answers, please can you add them to the wiki: http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Fitness

msr

You are supposed to have your D.I.T course out of the way when you attend the course. You're also supposed to hold rank of L Cpl or higher. I had neither when I attended the course in September.

The key word here is 'supposed'.

call_me_jack said:

-Whistle
-Stop watch
-Hair styling products
-Sun bed
-Moisturising products
-Baby oil

edited to add more items
scary bit is i actually know a pti that on all the weekends actually had all those items, including the bloody sunbed.

Nutter said:
call_me_jack said:

-Whistle
-Stop watch
-Hair styling products
-Sun bed
-Moisturising products
-Baby oil

edited to add more items
scary bit is i actually know a pti that on all the weekends actually had all those items, including the bloody sunbed.
Must've had some fucking bergen 8O

The course is as hard as you make it really.
When i did it 2 yrs ago we had a right bunch of mongs. one guy failed his BPFA 3 times over the process of 2 courses, eventually the staff passed him- probably to get him out of their f**king sight!
Another bloke didnt even have the personal courage to jump over a wooden bar!

What would be handy is a laptop. You get handed a CD with the precis on it and that,obviously, is no use at all unless you got a comp with you.

The idea of the course is not too make you fit - you should be already.

The idea is to teach you how to conduct lessons/training sessions and give some of the basics in how the body works and how it is effected by exercise.
You will find there are guys and girls who have been dying to get on this course and then there are others who are put on it by their unit because they need to have a PTI and the individuals have no desire to be there let alone pass!

good course, well worth it.
The staff are excellent, they get their instruction across like true professionals and you have a laugh with them.good guys (and girls)

dancing_colonel1 said:
The course is as hard as you make it really.
When i did it 2 yrs ago we had a right bunch of mongs. one guy failed his BPFA 3 times over the process of 2 courses, eventually the staff passed him- probably to get him out of their f**king sight!
Another bloke didnt even have the personal courage to jump over a wooden bar!

What would be handy is a laptop. You get handed a CD with the precis on it and that,obviously, is no use at all unless you got a comp with you.

The idea of the course is not too make you fit - you should be already.

The idea is to teach you how to conduct lessons/training sessions and give some of the basics in how the body works and how it is effected by exercise.
You will find there are guys and girls who have been dying to get on this course and then there are others who are put on it by their unit because they need to have a PTI and the individuals have no desire to be there let alone pass!

good course, well worth it.
The staff are excellent, they get their instruction across like true professionals and you have a laugh with them.good guys (and girls)
Echo everything written above. We had a brilliant instructor on our course who unfortunately wrecked his back on the first week. The other instructor wasn't too bad, just unused to TA.

There were a few mongs on our course who had no fitness, and a few decent ones who hadn't prepared properly i.e. CFT with full weight. They all got RTU'd.

I've edited the Wiki to keep it current.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B The Training Wing 2
C AGC, RAPTC and SASC 8
Svinski The Training Wing 3