PTI Course

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Deacon91, Feb 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im hoping to do a all arms PTI course soon, and im just wondering what happens on the course.

Most importantly how fit would you recommend being? So whats the average fitness there?

Would be good help for people to answer it but would help alot if someone who has done the course explained it.
  2. I've heard it's an attendance course...
  3. you need a good tan, be able to look in the mirror for long periods of time and have an endless supply of brill cream!
  4. near enough mind you did mine in 86
  5. I've done the course recently (just over a year ago). The basic level of fitness required, as I'm sure you know, is 50, 60 and 9.30. Bear in mind that whilst the number of repetitions does sound low, the PT Corp personnel counting you (you get one per student), will be horrendously by-the-book, they will expect each repetition to be perfect.

The average is around 70, 80 and 9.00, from my course at any rate.

If you have any more questions, feel free to drop me a message.

6. I'd agree with whats said above. Did it myself a little while back. Get your boots in your local Q mans in-tray and get an attachment to the gym, well worth it in my opinion. If your Q man is good he'll sort you out with Anatomy and Physiology knowledge as well as an overview of planning the lessons.

Again, if you want any more info, feel free to PM me.

Good luck!
  7. It certainly was when I did mine in 2002. You have to be a right mong not to pass, and we had a couple.
  8. Ok thanks for all the help. Sounds like i should do alright.. My fitness is good enough already jus goin to expand on it.