Pte to Lcpl Is the talk of a jnco carder true

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by captain_caveman19uk, Oct 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just been made up to lcpl only to find even tho i picked up off the board and im in a lcpl post, that im acting until i do a carder if i dont do it within 12 months im a pte again, which could potentionally be a big promblem because im on loan service for a year. does anyone know anything about this carder how long? can it be done in house? thanks for your time

2. Is it not a 3 day CLM? I believe one of the tests is to spell 'cadre'. :wink:

3. Owch.

There's a shift key there somewhere. [sorry, couldn't resist]

4. I think there is a seperate forum for cadets

5. Well you could do it in a house, but mine was in a variety of places, so if asked go for the house option. Much easier than outside.

6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Lets hope grammar isn't a requirement also.

7. You missed 'promblem'.

Seriously though you do have to have Literacy and Numeracy Level One at some point (before you do the LCpl - Cpl ETS part of the CLM)

There is no Education Centre or course booklet part to the course when you are promoted from Pte to LCpl, there is however a mandatory unit run 10 day PNCO (Potential NCO) course that you will have to do before you become substansive.

I work in an AEC and have just confirmed this with the OC.

8. What?

9. Well at least i got an answer after getting rinsed a couple of times. Thanks Filbert Fox.

10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Good old Foxy.

11. You know me, always helpful, if I dont know the answer then I'll just take the pish, if I do know the answer and it either makes me look good or someone else look like a cock, I'll give it.

12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

That sound like SPS policy!

13. What happened to a good old 6 week thrashing and sleep deprivation exercise to see if you could cut the mustard as a JNCO....

14. That is exactly what I was thinking!

15. probably but I was RAMC, their policy involves something about "knives, backs and 'while they sleep'".

It was a sad day when I had to hand in my RAMC issue blade:

[​IMG] :D