Pte to Lcpl Is the talk of a jnco carder true

I have just been made up to lcpl only to find even tho i picked up off the board and im in a lcpl post, that im acting until i do a carder if i dont do it within 12 months im a pte again, which could potentionally be a big promblem because im on loan service for a year. does anyone know anything about this carder how long? can it be done in house? thanks for your time

Owch.

There's a shift key there somewhere. [sorry, couldn't resist]

I think there is a seperate forum for cadets

captain_caveman19uk said:
can it be done in house? thanks for your time
Well you could do it in a house, but mine was in a variety of places, so if asked go for the house option. Much easier than outside.

Ventress said:
spaz said:
Is it not a 3 day CLM? I believe one of the tests is to spell 'cadre'. :wink:
Lets hope grammar isn't a requirement also.
You missed 'promblem'.

Seriously though you do have to have Literacy and Numeracy Level One at some point (before you do the LCpl - Cpl ETS part of the CLM)

There is no Education Centre or course booklet part to the course when you are promoted from Pte to LCpl, there is however a mandatory unit run 10 day PNCO (Potential NCO) course that you will have to do before you become substansive.

I work in an AEC and have just confirmed this with the OC.

You know me, always helpful, if I dont know the answer then I'll just take the pish, if I do know the answer and it either makes me look good or someone else look like a cock, I'll give it.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Filbert Fox said:
You know me, always helpful, if I dont know the answer then I'll just take the pish, if I do know the answer and it either makes me look good or someone else look like a c***, I'll give it.
That sound like SPS policy!

W

wevers

What happened to a good old 6 week thrashing and sleep deprivation exercise to see if you could cut the mustard as a JNCO....

That is exactly what I was thinking!

B_AND_T said:
Filbert Fox said:
You know me, always helpful, if I dont know the answer then I'll just take the pish, if I do know the answer and it either makes me look good or someone else look like a c***, I'll give it.
That sound like SPS policy!
probably but I was RAMC, their policy involves something about "knives, backs and 'while they sleep'".

It was a sad day when I had to hand in my RAMC issue blade:

:D

Filbert Fox said:
Ventress said:
spaz said:
Is it not a 3 day CLM? I believe one of the tests is to spell 'cadre'. :wink:
Lets hope grammar isn't a requirement also.
You missed 'promblem'.

Seriously though you do have to have Literacy and Numeracy Level One at some point (before you do the LCpl - Cpl ETS part of the CLM)

There is no Education Centre or course booklet part to the course when you are promoted from Pte to LCpl, there is however a mandatory unit run 10 day PNCO (Potential NCO) course that you will have to do before you become substansive.

I work in an AEC and have just confirmed this with the OC.
YOU WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :?

Now that I would love to see :wink:

wevers said:
What happened to a good old 6 week thrashing and sleep deprivation exercise to see if you could cut the mustard as a JNCO....
Can't speak for other arms, but RE are still keen on this particular method of character building. CLM is in addition.

dui-lai said:
YOU WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :?
well no actually, pretty much like the majority of the 23 years in the Army, I turn up and then go home after I've spent the day vegging.

W

wevers

Detonator said:
wevers said:
Can't speak for other arms, but RE are still keen on this particular method of character building. CLM is in addition.

Phew at least the Corps are still doing something right...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Spanish_Dave The NAAFI Bar 91
Sausageandbeans RLC 18
ulsterman82 Reports & Promotion 3