Pte Jessica Lynch &t Military spin.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Apr 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

With the return of Pt Lynch from Iraq & being hailed a heroine,it now looks like the PR stunt is now comming back to hurt the Pentagon & the Military.
    From the Daily Telegraph;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml;jsessionid=PG24ASNXYW21FQFIQMFSFFOAVCBQ0IV0?xml=/opinion/2007/04/29/do2906.xml

2. Very interesting article indeed, spike. Thanks for posting that.

I must admit I have the greatest respect and admiration for this young lady. When she could have kept her gob shut and bathed in the accolades, she decided to follow her conscience. In doing so she displayed a strength of character that puts those in the Septic gobment and the military head-sheds to shame.

The obvious conclusion that your average Septic should draw from this episode is: if they fücked us over on this one (and the Pat Tillman story), what else is there? But somehow I don't think that'll happen.

MsG

3. "Also, the Pentagon did get something right, inadvertently. Jessica Lynch did prove herself brave. In a world of military propaganda and disinformation, it takes courage to speak the truth."

At least this has the ring of truth. This is heartening as the good old US of A is not renown for pulling "splitters" to their bosom. Well done Ms Lynch.

IMD