PTC June 09?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by schoolstaffinstructor, May 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there a PTC course running this june? Heard a rumour you see?

2. msr

msr LE

Ask your PSI?

3. Hmmm thanks fot that

4. You can ask your PSI but it might be the case he doesn't know or care... and not even bother to know or care when you keep on asking him to do so...

It runs from 30th May for two weeks.

I might add I know this because I gave up asking my PSI and got one of the TA bods on MTDs to sort it out. Much more effective.

5. msr

msr LE

This sort of thing gets my goat.

And is also reminds me just how consistently good the SPSIs and PSIs have been at my battery.

msr

6. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

PTC??

7. New PCBC methinks...

8. Yes.. Platoon Tactics Course. An all-in Brecon funfest of equipment carrying delight.

A big thanks is in order to IBS for coming up with a four week fitness preparation programme and then only getting the JI's featuring this on their ArmyNet site a fortnight before it starts....

9. Nice that they have some spare isn't it !

10. Do you have a link to the pre-course phys programme?

I'm not on Armynet, but that could be handy...

11. Second that request for the pre course phys programme. Can get (Regular) JI's off ArmyNet but they don't have the suggested phys (Annex F) attached. If you consider it more appropriate feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

Fluff_eei

12. id be interested in seeing the phys programme to

13. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Ah ha...funny I should know that as I'm on it...!

Yeah, I noticed the strange "lets issue 2 sets of JIs" syndrome too. And apparently the 2 week Platoon Commanders/sgt/cpl course now has 3 weeks in Brunei at the end of it...hold on a tick...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Go for long walks in boots and and carrying a ruc-sac with weight in it. Practise it when tired, early in the morning, midday, and at night.
    Then do some running, in Boots and carrying a ruc-sac with weight in it.

But seriously, if you are going on the course that starts at the end of May, you need to have started training last week. You need to be able to pass an 8 mile CFT comfortably, forget about MATTS you are training to be a leader of men and lead by example. Forget the gym queen stuff, get that bergan on, and get out there. I'm aware the course has changed slightly since I did it last but be prepared for an intense time. The first week concluded with a three day ex which essentially revolved around a series of Pl attacks (and consequent casevacs!), it finished with the CFT (which at the time was only four miles - I am led to believe this is now at least 6, if not 8??) I had to take out the spare tin of 200 7.62 from my jetpacks to bring my weight down to the 25kg.

Not trying to boast - but be prepared to be lugging some weight around. A lot of the lads thought that because they could do a PFT in 8 minutes then they could cope with crawling 400 metres through a stream to get to the fire support position - Combat fitness is something completely different.

Run, tab, get weight on your back. Swim for a break.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Just seen the link on the Juniors Div for PTC, but it's not up yet is it? Or is my computer pulling my leg again?