PT shorts

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by arby, Jul 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I need a pair of these but our unit doesn't issue them. Anyone know where I could get a set outside of the system?
  2. Why on earth would you want something from the 1950s. (Unless your on Bad Lads Army). All recruits at our place used to wear their own black shorts with green T - Shirt for PT.
  3. to prevent the RTC staff from getting pissy aparently.
  4. You cant wear what hasn't been issued. In fact does any TA get issued PT shorts now?

FF Box will be the man to tell you. (As in what to wear for PT at the RTC at 51 Bde)
  5. The PTI's can get quite nippy when you rock up in an assortment of PT kit.

We're supposed to get issued shorts etc for PT but just get blank looks back at unit upon enquiring.

I got razzed so many times for not having issue kit (not my fault) I turned up with a Celtic top for PT just to get razzed for something that was my fault.

Not one of my better ideas :oops:
  6. then you deserve everything you get. Its been done before, but was politely suggested that I get it sorted.
  7. You could always tell him you are excused them
  8. I could get a note from me mum saying that I don't have to do any pt.
  9. You could always donate to MDN's hamster fund and have a pair of my WRAC PT pants.

Hope this helps.
  10. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Anyone here from 1 DERR 1980s/90s remember 'Donkey' Finnegan? He was excused issue PT shorts for very good reason.
  11. ooooooh appealing....
  12. Yeah, I got issued the PT shorts f**king horribile things. I brought a decent pair off Military kit...
  13. think you can only get issue shorts if you have a waist size of 28 or less
  14. I went through all this when i did my 1C, ended up wearing dark blue shorts bought from decathalon plus green tee shirt (also from decathalon) The PTI did query why so many of us had non issued kit but we just said that we'd not been issued any. It wasn't a problem. Just do you best ie don't wear footie shirts!
  15. But unfortunatly Arby has stuck himself right in it now, so I'll make sure the PTIs know.

when are you coming to play Arby, shouldn't be too hard to spot as QOY dont send many recruits, I mean SUTs, our way!