PT requirements for somebody aged 38?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Walther, Jun 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just out of curiosity, what would the PT requirements be for somebody in his late thirties, early forties?
    For myself, I´m working out regularly, keeping myself civvy fit, but I´d like to give it a try to get to the military standard for my age group.

2. Search for BPFA and look for the table that states fitness levels for the army tests for age group. Think m & f have to do tha same now.

Fitness requirements change on trade, rank etc..
  3. OK Jan: I did the Civvie version of the BFT (not even TA or ACF) and I found that I could do 2 miles in 10:39 minutes having pulled 25 situps, 15 pushups and 10 pullups. The only motivation was 'CAN I STILL DO THE WORK"

Age 44. P1ssed off that at 1/2 my age now I could do the BFT (part 2) in less than 8.5 minutes in lightweights, putties and DMS Boots.

It comes down to your personal motivation and that is all.
  4. For me it is just that I want to prove to myself that I can hack it.
    Thanks for the info!

5. BTW, does anybody have a link to a site with the BPFA tables? I´ve been loking up and down google, but couldn´t find anything.

6. Here's a link to my website mate.. It's got the BPFA timings in the Resources section! Hope this helps. :)
  7. Thanks a million, Kate!

I had atalk with the trainer in the gym I´m usually working out in. He suggested that I´d wear a rucksack with a few light weights (not too much, just a few kg´s) for training, to make it more difficult, and then, when the time comes for the real run, to run without the extra weights.