Psychopaths "have a career advantage"

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by smallbrownprivates, Mar 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the times today (no linky - paywall)

Brings a new dimension to testing for "aptitude" on selection.

"Which one of these shiny knives most appeals to you and why?"
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I'm off to have a word with HR in a minute because I didn't give a fuck when I watched a malnourished little dark kids life ebb away on Comic Relief and I've happily mentally and physically abused plenty of women for my own pleasure.

I should be running this here place.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. He missed the most obvious group off the list.

• Like Like x 4
  4. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Sure as hell worked for Napoleon, Stalin and Hitler. Well, up to a point. And Bob Mugabe.
  5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Surgeons I can vouch for that, they are a breed apart from most medics.
  6. After liberating such confessions into the public domain, did you read the bit about Psychopathy needing to be combined with intelligence for success...............?
    • Like Like x 2
  7. I've been officially certified as having no Empathy. I'm also doing alright in the Army.

And it's obvious that all these Special Forces types are psychopaths. Anyone with eyes can see that. Good lads.
  8. What's unintelligent about what I typed? I doubt the internet dibble have despatched a QRF to bring me to book for treating a few Doris's like shit and giggling as I tucked into my Chinese takeaway while a 'sleb had a wibble at a fly riddled baby on my telly.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Teflon.... ain't he 'alleged' to have a Narcistic Syndorme' or "Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who IS the fairest of all...?" (all is alleged and I don't really mean it squire...)

Nice English lady giving out largesse to the peasants.......

Attached Files:

10. Mrs Stonker is lately studying for a Master's in Nursing related matters, and one of her last year's modules was 'Leadership and Management'. It seems, based on the stuff she was reading, that the study of psychopathy is a bit of a hot topic lately. Here's the thing tho' - whilst intelligent folk with psychopathic traits may do reasonably well for themselves, those studies which look at the performance of teams or organisations under the hand of such folk show one thing: they don't achieve high-grade results, as a direct consequence of the (nominal) leader's lack of empathy. Psychos do not inspire trust, loyalty or commitment from those under them, ruling instead by intimidation, manipulation and fear.

The oddest thing for me, was realising, as I read the wife's academic papers on the topic, that I had spent a significant chunk of my service life in the company of one of my peers whose behaviour patterns ticked pretty much all of the 'Psycho' boxes.

I don't think for one moment, however, that he'd ever have made it in SF: based on him failing his BFT while at Staff College, that is.

I may have to read the Times at the library this afternoon.
  11. It's utter nonsense. My last glowing CR had nothing whatsoever to do with knowing where my boss's kids went to school or what I did to their pet rabbit.
  12. Only a psychopath would post pics of tony bliars wife!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  13. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Stonks: " .. Psychos do not inspire trust, loyalty or commitment from those under them, ruling instead by intimidation, manipulation and fear .. " Why only psychos? this seemed to be normal management behaviour in the inadequates who seemed to 'get on' in 'management' in the UK bit of the multinational that fed and watered me in the after life. Most couldn't lead a kitten to its milk. In 22 years I met only a few one could actually like and just one I would have 'Commissioned' and that, grudgingly, only in the Home Guard. Mushroom management is the norm - keep 'em in the dark and throw shit at 'em occasionally.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

The list could go on. It is not easy in the Aromatherapy sector what with slant eyed half-men trying to muscle onto the plot with their Acupuncture bollocks. Us Aromatherapy Practitioners just want to make people feel better by smelling flowers. The rice burning Acupuncture cunts get the best pitches at Alternative Medicine Expo 2013. We should kill them slowly with fire and cutting bits of them off.

Exciting business opportunities are available for a limited time at Seething with rage. | John's Blog

Have a nice day.
  15. OK, I'm off to buy a crossbow!