Psychological testing at basic?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by London_native, Jan 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When i got to basic, do they do psychological testing on recruits to identify sociopathy/psychopathy traits and tendencys?
  2. Why? Are you mental?
  3. No. Certain trades do.

What are you joining as.
  4. LOL, no, i just have excessive rage, lack of empathy/sympathy for people, no remorse or guilt for violent actions(mostly enjoy it TBH) and lack of emotion in general. I have done a psychological assesment before and my score was quite high in ASPD and sociapathy/psychopathy.
  5. Infantry.......
  6. Please just don't join up. People like you end up doing stoopid stuff and causing grief for everyone.
  7. I'm trying to better myself and channel these things into something positive.
  8. With an assault rifle.
  9. You won't be the first, you won't be the last.
  10. I appreciate you're opinion. However i'm sure the Army will instill me with a robust discipline, which will stay with me for life. It's not like they're just going to give me a rifle and send me to Afghan. I'm sure they have encountered troubled individuals such as myself, then turned them into good soldiers.
  11. Do i have to take one up at the ITC then dingerr?
  12. No, but if you are a nutcase it will show at some point of the course believe me.
  13. Who did these tests? Were you referred to anywere to deal with your problem? If so surely this would have been picked up in your medical records?
  14. I done it voluntary for researcher in psychology or something, so it's private. Read the definitions of the stated disorders.You
  15. Put it this way, if you have psycological problems it will become apparent at ITC and be dealt with accordingly.