Pst Wanna know a secret ?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by kilo42, Feb 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am reading a novel at the moment that has part of it set in the Vatican archives, and although they are called the secret archives they are open to qualified scholars etc. within certain limitations. The novel however maintains that there are other archives belonging to the Catholic church that will never be open to any scrutiny at all, and that I suppose may well be true.
    It made me wonder just what might be hidden away from us mere mortals, just what secrets various governments have buried away deep. Is there anything in the stories of UFOs for example, what about the thousands of Nazi war criminals that ended up in south America ? Is it really plausible that British and U.S intelligence did not know about the escape lines run by the Vatican?
    There must be a lot about the second world war that is still secret, it was only in 2004 that the Russians finally admitted to murdering 20,000 Plus Polish officers at Katyn in 1940. So what would you really like to know the truth about that you think may be being kept secret, either ancient or modern?
  2. Pst... at the end of the Documentary, Raiders of the Lost Ark, all sorts of secret ancient stuff is shown in crates in a hanger - so it must be true...
  3. Well its not like the vatican wants you to read the dead sea scrolls is it, might reveal too much information ;)Becides the Nazi movement has born fruit anyways, as el presidenti KFC has started the sabre rattling at the old enemy (us)
  4. Yeah...there's this airfield in the States called Area 51 and they keep aliens there blah blah blah...
  5. Pope Pius XII was actually Martin Bormann.
  6. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

You've got to learn the basics of conspiracy theories:

1) Claim that the government is hiding a terrible secret.

2) When the government replies that no such thing ever occurred, cite the governments denial as evidence of a cover-up at the highest levels.

3) If the government doesn't respond (on the grounds they're not going to dignify you with a reply) cite this as evidence they're too scared to respond.

4) Repeat ad infinitum, safe in the knowledge that other people will join the conspiracy theory with their own stories of how the government is hiding a terrible secret and covering it up.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Actually that's not true. Martin Bormann was Pope Pius XII and not the other way round.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. The truth is out there. Once the X-Files are opened and published you'll believe in the existence of extraterrestrial life. I won't even start on Professor Xavier and his Westchester mansion. :eh:
  9. I am not some conspiracy theory nutter mate, but if you think that governments (particularly our) don't lie though their teeth as a matter of course then you must be a very simple and trusting soul. Did you ever hear about the time we went to war to end the possession of WMDs by a middle eastern dictator? It was in all the papers.
  10. No I missed that, was it Malaya?
  11. The sinister state secret which I would like to be uncovered, is why there is only one monopolies and mergers commission and who is the dark force behind it all. I think it is high time we knew the truth.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. I have it on good authority that there are thousands of SLR and LMG, along with lots
    of Chieftains and 432's plus the Steam Engine Strategic Reserve in an underground
    facility in Wiltshire........could this be true?
  13. The introduction page that was originally slotted in before Genesis. It reads......

"All characters and events in this book are fictional. None of the events happened. No reference is intended to anyone living or dead"
  14. Seems you missed a lot, last time I looked Malaya was in the Far East not the middle east.
  15. No mate, I was there, but I didn't know Guatamala was in the middle east.