Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Psssst. Wanna job?

MightyGem

Old Salt
PremiAir are looking for floaters, and a permanent pilot for Central Counties ASU at Halfpenny Green/Wolverhampton Airport.

Give Jim Laird(Chief Pilot) a ring on 01895 830930. Don't bother going the "correct" route via Human Resources at Blackbush.

Zeitgeist said:
Just saw this...not being air type person whats a floater ...

there is only one kind of floater I know...!!!!!!!! :?

The police and ambulance air services (or the contracted agencies who supply the pilots) usually have pilots permanantly based at each of their locations. A floater is a chap who isn't permanantly attached to one of these and can be sent to an ASU (Air Support Unit) if the unit needs a bloke for a short while (if a permanant pilot is ill or if they are temporarily short of chaps). Its a good way of getting a foot in the door of '10 Regt AAC'......a posting we are all after. ;)

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Zeitgeist said:
Just saw this...not being air type person whats a floater ...

there is only one kind of floater I know...!!!!!!!! :?

The police and ambulance air services (or the contracted agencies who supply the pilots) usually have pilots permanantly based at each of their locations. A floater is a chap who isn't permanantly attached to one of these and can be sent to an ASU (Air Support Unit) if the unit needs a bloke for a short while (if a permanant pilot is ill or if they are temporarily short of chaps). Its a good way of getting a foot in the door of '10 Regt AAC'......a posting we are all after. ;)

Thanx for that........ :D

Muttley said:
FABLONBIFFCHIT said:
devilish said:
Do you need to be able to fly a plane or can the seat of your pants count?

If its by the seat of your pants thats most of the AAC aircrew out then!

Not sure if thats a compliment or a slur! :D

I'd see it as a slur, most AAC pilots have worn the seats of their flying suits out and are showing thier Homer Simpson pants