Psssst. Wanna job?

#1
PremiAir are looking for floaters, and a permanent pilot for Central Counties ASU at Halfpenny Green/Wolverhampton Airport.

Give Jim Laird(Chief Pilot) a ring on 01895 830930. Don't bother going the "correct" route via Human Resources at Blackbush.
 
#3
Do you need to be able to fly a plane or can the seat of your pants count?
 
#5
Gowddammit.

Do they need a clerk?
 
#7
Just saw this...not being air type person whats a floater ...

there is only one kind of floater I know...!!!!!!!! :?
 
#8
Zeitgeist said:
Just saw this...not being air type person whats a floater ...

there is only one kind of floater I know...!!!!!!!! :?

The police and ambulance air services (or the contracted agencies who supply the pilots) usually have pilots permanantly based at each of their locations. A floater is a chap who isn't permanantly attached to one of these and can be sent to an ASU (Air Support Unit) if the unit needs a bloke for a short while (if a permanant pilot is ill or if they are temporarily short of chaps). Its a good way of getting a foot in the door of '10 Regt AAC'......a posting we are all after. ;)
 
#9
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Zeitgeist said:
Just saw this...not being air type person whats a floater ...

there is only one kind of floater I know...!!!!!!!! :?

The police and ambulance air services (or the contracted agencies who supply the pilots) usually have pilots permanantly based at each of their locations. A floater is a chap who isn't permanantly attached to one of these and can be sent to an ASU (Air Support Unit) if the unit needs a bloke for a short while (if a permanant pilot is ill or if they are temporarily short of chaps). Its a good way of getting a foot in the door of '10 Regt AAC'......a posting we are all after. ;)
Thanx for that........ :D
 
#10
devilish said:
Do you need to be able to fly a plane or can the seat of your pants count?
If its by the seat of your pants thats most of the AAC aircrew out then!
 
#12
Muttley said:
FABLONBIFFCHIT said:
devilish said:
Do you need to be able to fly a plane or can the seat of your pants count?
If its by the seat of your pants thats most of the AAC aircrew out then!
Not sure if thats a compliment or a slur! :D
I'd see it as a slur, most AAC pilots have worn the seats of their flying suits out and are showing thier Homer Simpson pants
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top