Psoriatic Arthritis

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by thegimp, Jun 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've got it...Diagnosed yesterday. Spent 3-4 years rolling out of bed feeling like I have just played 2 games of rugby

Advice please

2. Digitas..........

3. If it gets to the knuckles you are screwed. Can't hold your glass/bottle.

4. I think you mean DIGNITAS...........

5. I'll fight through shit lips, all limbs attached and controllable life ain't that bad, just looking for sensible ******* advice

:)

6. Pedant. How dare you? Here is a man who may lose the abiliy to hold a drink to his lips.

7. Have you had a back x-ray TG?

8. interested - rational for X-Ray?

9. Getting full MRI this week followed by second rheumatologist apt in a week.

both feet, right middle knuckle, right thumb, Left elbow, left wrist, c spine, thoracic spine and worst of ******* all my scapula are mega fucked, so no pressups

more pink pills required

10. If it's any consolation, I feel like that every morning and I don't have the diagnosis. I just put it down to being old.

11. You want to quadruple the Blue ones. May not improve the arhritis but, by god, you should have fun. (While you are able!)

• Like Like x 1
  12. In 5-10% of those with psoriasis, arthritis also appears. In most cases the psoriasis will precede the arthritis, sometimes by many years. When arthritis symptoms occur with psoriasis, it is called psoriatic arthritis (PsA). In these cases, the joints at the end of the fingers are most commonly affected causing inflammation and pain, but other joints like the wrists, knees and ankles can also become involved. This is usually accompanied by symptoms of the fingernails and toes, ranging from small pits in the nails to nearly complete destruction and crumbling as seen in reactive arthritis or fungal infections.

About 20% of people who develop PsA will eventually have spinal involvement, which is called psoriatic spondylitis. The inflammation in the spine can lead to complete fusion - as in ankylosing spondylitis.

More .... Psoriatic Arthritis

13. cheers for the positive cut and paste LOL

14. I suspect raidiorental can actually provide real figures if they can be bothered. But, in the interim, do you have a motorbike? The consensus seems to be you won't be needing it for long.

15. No seriously, I was in a similar position a few months ago, at least if you have a back xray and it comes back Ok it will put your mind at rest re the worst case scenario.