Psoriatic Arthritis

I've got it...Diagnosed yesterday. Spent 3-4 years rolling out of bed feeling like I have just played 2 games of rugby

Advice please

Getting full MRI this week followed by second rheumatologist apt in a week.

both feet, right middle knuckle, right thumb, Left elbow, left wrist, c spine, thoracic spine and worst of ******* all my scapula are mega fucked, so no pressups

more pink pills required

Getting full MRI this week followed by second rheumatologist apt in a week.

both feet, right middle knuckle, right thumb, Left elbow, left wrist, c spine, thoracic spine and worst of ******* all my scapula are mega fucked, so no pressups

more pink pills required
You want to quadruple the Blue ones. May not improve the arhritis but, by god, you should have fun. (While you are able!)

In 5-10% of those with psoriasis, arthritis also appears. In most cases the psoriasis will precede the arthritis, sometimes by many years. When arthritis symptoms occur with psoriasis, it is called psoriatic arthritis (PsA). In these cases, the joints at the end of the fingers are most commonly affected causing inflammation and pain, but other joints like the wrists, knees and ankles can also become involved. This is usually accompanied by symptoms of the fingernails and toes, ranging from small pits in the nails to nearly complete destruction and crumbling as seen in reactive arthritis or fungal infections.

About 20% of people who develop PsA will eventually have spinal involvement, which is called psoriatic spondylitis. The inflammation in the spine can lead to complete fusion - as in ankylosing spondylitis.

More .... Psoriatic Arthritis

I suspect raidiorental can actually provide real figures if they can be bothered. But, in the interim, do you have a motorbike? The consensus seems to be you won't be needing it for long.

I find avoiding alcohol, citrus fruit while drinking lots and lots of water is helpful. Also go to the gym when I can and use a cross-trainer or step-machine with back exercises, sit-ups and press ups. The gym at Kineton is full of the best kit available but I find doing basic stuff works and can be done anywhere. When away from a gym, brisk speed walking is a good alternative to cross-trainers.

Importantly, don't curl up ready to die and do nothing! If "PT type" activity is too much then get a dog to walk and take up log splitting by axe!

"illegitimi non tatum nil carborundum"!

**** me, are there any neuro surgeons in the house....Just been referred to one after this reporting on a neck and chest MRI

Findings:

There are severe degenerative changes seen in the cervical spine with disk osteophyte bars extending from C3-C7 these are causing impingement of the thecal sac as well as canal stenosis and there is indentation of the ventral surface of the chord for the entire length from C4-C6. The most prominent is C5-C6 where there is no CSF space seen surrounding the chord posteriorly

I have no ******* idea what this means, what the prognosis is or owt....Any takers

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Health and Fitness 6
Welshexpat The NAAFI Bar 45
C Army Pay, Claims & JPA 4