PSNI took PPW of spy in 2002.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Apr 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

2. And your point is???

3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

My 'point is' that it's a follow up story to the post about the killing last month down south. The article alleges that if the gun was'nt removed from him it MIGHT have saved his life. (Not that I care,It's one less scumbag out there)

4. And if he had comitted suicide with said weapon, the PSNI would still have been 'criticised'. Or if he'd shot an innocent etc...Damned if you do etc...

One less to worry about either way.

5. And if he had a British authorised weapon in the South they would have loved every minute of it, allegedly.

6. Am I just being picky, but where does it say that either of those weapons were issued by HMG?
    That is what a PPW is, isn't it?

7. Well, who authorises a weapon to be for personal protection??

Surely, if it has not been endorsed and certified they are just some more illegal weapons!

Ergo - there has to be an "issue trail"!!!!!

8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

it was ,from what I understand, a pistol Donaldson bought himself for protection legally held on a RUC/PSNI issued carry permit.But as he was involved in 'Stormontgate',the permit was revoked by the PSNI.
    I think the anti-gun law's for 9mm,.45,ect cal pistols did'nt take effect over here.My uncle is a member of a local gun club & I think he still has his shorts.

9. I think Manchester cop has raised the most valid point. This legally held PPW would not be legally held in Donegal.

He became the Garda's responsibility when he moved there.