PSNI to open Murder investigation into Bloody Sunday deaths

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bobthedog, Jul 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Perhaps someone will finally make McGuinness account for his whereabouts in the moments leading up to the shooting.

• Like Like x 4
  2. More chance of the British Broadcasting Corporation acknowledging that the correct name of NI's second city is Londonderry!

• Like Like x 2
  3. At least a good defence team wouldn't be shy of pinning down down exactly what certain people were doing that day. Unlike the somewhat partizan recent whitewash inquiry at £400 Million a pop......

4. And now a chance for what's left of the Army to bend over and take it ***********, courtesy of the cringing spineless politicos.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Northern Ireland's Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness, Sinn Fein, was present at the time of the violence and "probably armed with a sub-machine gun" but did not engage in "any activity that provided any of the soldiers with any justification for opening fire"

its about time this happened some old timers better start getting worried

6. Well....The fun is the the defendants are pretty much all EX-serving soldiers who would probably avoid gutless MoD lawyers and hire knife fighters and gunslingers for this one. I'm also tempted to insist on a Court Case now. Just for the joy of watching some decent lawyer calling certain senior "never been in the IRA" politicans liars and tearing them a new ******** in public........

• Like Like x 3
  7. Interesting, so you were there were you? And of course The First Minister was only the IRA social secretary, yeah right.

8. Hmm, all but one of the dead a young man between the ages of 15 and 30... That's always struck me as some bloody discriminate shooting for alleged indiscriminate shooting.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Political point scoring. Nothing more. It does seem that this will rumble until certain people get the results of an "enquiry" that they would like.

10. I think that's a quote from the report.......

11. i dont think you people get it, the first minister has already being accounted for with the saville enquiry, this is a murder investigation into documented british soldier murders on bloody sunday

12. Maybe.....In which case let the First Minister stand up in a Court and answer questions as to what he was doing that day with someone who wants an honest answer and isn't cherry picking his evidence to produce the report someone wanted

And no. The First Minister wasn't accounted for. His evidence has never been challanged, just accepted at his word.

13. Ohh we get it ok, the Saville inquiry was a whitewash. McGuinness got of scot free and the army got humiliated along with UK plc when Cameron apologized.

**** the Provo's, **** yer Ireland and **** the 13 killed that day. Oww and stick yer Gaelic name up yer arse.

• Like Like x 10
  14. I want to know when we're going to have the inquiry into the shocking poor standard of Para marksmanship that day.
    108 shots and only 13 kills? Now that is an outrage.

• Like Like x 10