PSNI Officers shoot male at checkpoint

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by scotscop, Apr 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4914120.stm

2. It is understood the dead man was driving the vehicle

Why is it I keep seeing something strange about this statement?

3. I wonder will they be subject to the same treatment as Lee Clegg? Methinks one rule for the now castrated PSNI and one for the army.

I wait for the results of the investigation with baited breath :roll: :roll:

fastmedic

4. :lol: you make it sound like the PSNI has changed.

5. There is no mention if anything was seized from the Vehicle. Past incidents has suggested that there was specific intel relating to certain passengers etc

6. ...Em it happened a few hours ago. Why should we expect to hear about it automatically? I'm sure it'll all come out in time.

7. Are you seriously expecting all the details now?? Obviously there will now be an investigation by the medi... the Ombudsman!

Why do you always type in bold?? It is really annoying reading all your posts in bold.

8. Ever so sorry, I will not in future type in BOLD!!!

9. "A spokesman for the PSNI said a number
    of shots had been discharged by
    officers. Initial reports suggest the
    PSNI were investigating reports that a
    stolen car had been seen in the area"

RTE News, Dublin

10. A VCP was established due to a report of a stolen car in vicinity. Circumstances led to the officers engaging the suspect vehicle outside the police station and fatally wounding the driver. There were a further five individuals detained, 3 males and 2 females.

11. I drove past on the way to Killinchy at about 1230; huge queues of cars on both sides of the town, and still there at 3. The polizei also had their helicopter floating about. Rumour said that the car had failed to stop at a VCP.

12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Which side of the town was it? Me think's it was on the Belfast side on that long,wide fast stretch of road with the school & garage on the left as you come in from the country from Comber

13. No, it was on the road going to Newcastle. The taped-off section started at the roundabout at the top of the town.

14. Spike, you could just tell us all you know your way around - it'd be a lot simpler.

15. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I know my way around........With a map!

The bit of road I was referring to almost got me totalled a few weeks back.Heading down to B.K & two 'boy w*****s' were racing long towards the town.nearly took my car out at a junction.