PSIs (your views).

If you want to see some truley appaling examples of the worst kind of TA soldier You can do no worse than my unit we have mongs morons trouble makers bullies thugs cowards(as in trench dodging back peddling do everything to get out of a tour but stay in the TA muppets) people who have a self destruct button fat lazy sh!tes slags and back stabbing nobbers
and they far out way the good lads
I hate to think what the regular army thinks of us

Ha Ha! Balldrick you MUST be in Grantham!

balldrick said:
If you want to see some truley appaling examples of the worst kind of TA soldier You can do no worse than my unit we have mongs morons trouble makers bullies thugs cowards(as in trench dodging back peddling do everything to get out of a tour but stay in the TA muppets) people who have a self destruct button fat lazy sh!tes slags and back stabbing nobbers
and they far out way the good lads
I hate to think what the regular army thinks of us
Name and shame the unit so we can all have a laff!

choff said:
What sort of stupid point are you trying to make here? I could say exactly the same about TA that never deploy and are selective about what they do, when they do it and how much effort they put in. I could also comment that maybe, just maybe..... some TA sit back, feet up and relax knowing they are getting paid to do so!

I wont say any of that because that woul make me as petty as you.

On what do you base these sweeping generalisations you buffoon?
I take it that you are a PSI?
On the pc sorting some training out are we?

Sorry if I offend you but by the response from the other guy's I think my thread has a genuine point, that PSI's make a unit strong and those that come in and don't pull their weight have a negative impact on the lads and lasses.

The_Duke

LE
NINJA69 said:
choff said:
What sort of stupid point are you trying to make here? I could say exactly the same about TA that never deploy and are selective about what they do, when they do it and how much effort they put in. I could also comment that maybe, just maybe..... some TA sit back, feet up and relax knowing they are getting paid to do so!

I take it that you are a PSI?
On the pc sorting some training out are we?

Sorry if I offend you but by the response from the other guy's I think my thread has a genuine point, that PSI's make a unit strong and those that come in and don't pull their weight have a negative impact on the lads and lasses.
Maybe you misunderstood my response -I though it was an idiotic question, and one that could easily be turned back onto TA soldiers (in spades). Clear now?

I see where your coming from Duke, and now I think about it, I've seen many more TA soldiers that could be classed as bad than I have PSI's.
Then again, generally speaking, the units PSI is going to have a greater impact than a mongoloid tom. Hopefully that would include the re-education of all of our beloved muppets (every unit has them!).

I have no time for lazy Bastarxs be TA soldier or PSI, but PSI's are and should be an example for the lads to follow.
They should come to a unit with something to prove not at the end of their career waiting to get their pension.
I have had my fair share of good and bad PSI's and the unit shadows their energy and commitment.

For the record: we've got two belting PSIs in my Bty.

msr

I know a PSI (ex REME) took up an R. Sigs commission to retire on? Hes rather switched on (for a REME bloke.. joking before the backlash), works hard and plays hard. However as numbers were low in his STAB unit, he went to the ACIO and said any one unsure about the Regs (or your unsure about) send to me and we can have chit chats etc.

His numbers are through the roof and getting a good team together, However like all stab places still alot of wishy washy people

choff said:

Check out the answer that Gluck has given below you, now that is an answer.

And you call me Petty?

Now who is the Buffoon?

dave ?
The_Duke said:
I wonder how posters on the TA board would react if a PSI posted a thread asking: TA soldiers (your views)

"Are they all keen and committed, determined to give as much time and effort as possible to reach the best possible standards within the training constraints or...

Are some of them whining pillocks, determined to hang on to how things used to be in the days of the Cold War, forever finding excuses for performing below the standard expected, yet still demanding every single penny of their pay, bounty and expenses plus more money for dressing up uniforms and adventure training"

I have seen examples of the best and the worst - both PSI and TA soldier. Many of the worst are the most vocal.

Look, I am not here to mudsling. I thought I would make a point. I am not a PSI, nor will I ever be. I thought I would point out that this stupidly posed comment that started the thread can apply equally both ways and will serve no purpose other than to start a row about whether TA/PSIs are up to much. I think I have been proven right.

Its called a dep sense of Irony..... google it

DarkNinja said:
Ha Ha! Balldrick you MUST be in Grantham!
no my unit is not based at grantham although some of the people i was thinking of are based there

The TA may have changed but I have to say that when I was REME PSI with the R Sigs in Glasgow, (1972-3) it was hard work getting enough bodies in on atuesday night to make a training session worthwhile. The odd one or two who did turn up were keen enough but no-one turned up regularly and the sam elesson had to be gone over umpteen times because of inconsistent attendance . It is virtually impossible to teach 4 or 5 blokes different parts of the syllabus at the same session.

craftsmanx said:
The TA may have changed but I have to say that when I was REME PSI with the R Sigs in Glasgow, (1972-3) it was hard work getting enough bodies in on atuesday night to make a training session worthwhile. The odd one or two who did turn up were keen enough but no-one turned up regularly and the sam elesson had to be gone over umpteen times because of inconsistent attendance . It is virtually impossible to teach 4 or 5 blokes different parts of the syllabus at the same session.
Perhaps that was because your lessons were dull?

msr

Most of the PSIs I've seen over the past 10 years or so have been gleaming - with the exception of KP, naturally, who was a bell end of the first order.

Mirror many of the above - both gleaming and otherwise, but you can apply these to every single area of TA and Regular manning.

For the record, my unit was fortunate to receive some of the very best soldiers posted in as PSI's. The only "chod" was the PSI who introduced himself to the unit with the following:

"Hello, I am xxx and I've been dicked to work with the TA for the next two years. I've never worked with the TA before, and personally think most of the TA is made up of Walts and wannabe regulars who aren't up to it. Not sure what being a PSI is about, but I don't think you'll give me any problems, as I've just come from the Field Army. If I'm not here on training weekends much, just crack on without me, my missus gives me loads of shite, if I'm not around to go to Tesco's on Saturdays..."

To reassure he was absolutely the exception, and it turned out that Glasgow were having to move him around following his CR's elsewhere, and we were just the lucky unit. CO and the RSM took him off for a little chat, five mins later, having heard his introduction with their own ears. A new PSI took up his post about two weeks later, and from what I heard at the time, six weeks later xxx had plenty of time to go to Tesco's - like any day of the week!

msr said:
Perhaps that was because your lessons were dull?
msr
Msr, whilst I respect your admirable devotion to our fine organisation, I believe we have all been in, or are currently in the situation to which Craftsman alludes to.

Its not the PSI's fault if the numbers cannot be recruited. If there was a large unit, and a new PSI took over, and the numbers dropped, then fair comment.