PSIs to qualify for bounty at TA units

Should Regs get bounties?

• Yes, God bless 'em

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apparently under JPA all regs who pass their MATTs will qualify for a bounty when attached to TA units. This is due to start next year - applications for extensions are already being submitted here!!

Bollox! They already get x-factor and are paid 24-7 and they get a hefty pension to boot!

If this is a wah then I'm wahhed!

Well it might stop them whining about us whinging about our bounties :D . which one do they get though if its based on years service in the ta might be some very pissed off PSI s :D

can really see it but how much would a psi sgt/ssgt lose over the year on the reduced x factor (as you shouldn't be able to get both).

They go straight in at top whack bounty AND they keep the X-Factor cos they are deployable

but they are not deployable when attached to a TA unit........

i'll try to confirm this but would assume that rumour control has gone mad

devilish said:
If this is a wah then I'm wahhed!
Of course its a wha, the document I read mentioned everyone doesn't get X factor until they've qualified on MATTs and therefore deployable, all get bounties.

One Army! Regular and casual labour

They should get the money on what grade PSI they are:

Grade 1: I have done it all.
Grade 2: Sat on fat arrse all day supping brews
Grade 3: I know it all but not telling
Grade 4: walking around with hands in smock pocket thinking their god
Grade 5: Pissed up useless Fecker
Grade 6: Wake me up when it's all over

Had maybe two decent ones in the last ten years.

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
quiller said:
but they are not deployable when attached to a TA unit........

i'll try to confirm this but would assume that rumour control has gone mad
Not so - we had PSIs come out with us to Iraq - and bloody glad of them we were too! For our early TELIC, they were essential as the Regs had no idea of the capabilities we brought (many well outside the norm for our Cap Badge) and the PSIs had instant credibility - unlike us!

brucewillis said:
What about NRPS, do you think they should get a bounty too?.
A bounty? Possibly.

But how about, instead, a 10 000 volt cattle prod up their lazy, golf playing, 'can't do that, it's not in the JSP', won't come in at weekends, just waiting for the pension, get the volunteers to do all the work, don't like uniform, this isn't a retirement home you know - people go off on ops -arrses.

[OK maybe a bit unfair]

Sure they can have a bounty, we can fund it by taking their X factor off them whilst they are posted to TA units. Or not paying them for Mondays. Or Wednesday afternoons. Or Thursday mornings...

Don't suppose you bothered to find any evidence for this; thegeezer?

Rumour control at it's finest. However, to join in with the spirit of the thread I would have to say that they should be allowed bountys, as long as they promise to spend it on aquiring a working memory.

I've lost count of the nummber of times this conversation has taken place:

Me "Any news on such and such"
PSI "Er...on what".
Me "That course/report/important information you were doing for me"
PSI "I don't remember that".
Me "What about such and such number two"
PSI "remind me about that one again..."

ad infinitum.

StabTiffy2B said:
Don't suppose you bothered to find any evidence for this; thegeezer?

Rumour control at it's finest. However, to join in with the spirit of the thread I would have to say that they should be allowed bountys, as long as they promise to spend it on aquiring a working memory.

I've lost count of the nummber of times this conversation has taken place:

Me "Any news on such and such"
PSI "Er...on what".
Me "That course/report/important information you were doing for me"
PSI "I don't remember that".
Me "What about such and such number two"
PSI "remind me about that one again..."

ad infinitum.
ST2B

I've told you how to resolve this already, remember? A little bit of polishing goes a long way in this man's army.

Dilfor said:
ST2B

I've told you how to resolve this already, remember? A little bit of polishing goes a long way in this man's army.
I don't care how gucci the course is. Your suggestions of me bulling your bell-end until it shone like a purple beacon in the sky are just wrong.

Further extract from "History and Traditions of the British Volunteer Forces" by Maj (Retd) Jocelyn Cholmondely-Codpiece VD late of the Royal Tailors & Cutters Volunteer Yeomanry
The precise origins of the term Permanent Staff Instructor is lost in the mists of time and it is notable, though not unique in the British Army, that the postholder does none of the duties that his title might suggest. It is a common view that the post of PSI in the Territorial Force is a combination of two far earlier appointments.

Firstly Cromwell commanded that in his New Model Army "each regiment shall have a stern and trusty serjeant who is to ensure that the soldiery maintain clean and sober garb" and also "prevent any merriment or gaiety on the Sabbath or its eve". It was further commanded that "in order that he shall have time to properly execute these functions, he shall not drill with the men, save for musket practice"

Secondly upon the Restoration of Charles II, he decreed "that each my worthy militia shall have from this time forward, a member of my regular soldiery who shall be stout of waist,swift with the quill and verily able to quaff a flagon of ale in every tavern in the district from which that militia be drawn"

Uniquely in the volunteer forces, PSIs in the Senior Division of the Officer Training Corps retain "droit de seigneur" dating from Norman times over the female cadets.