Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PSAO

One of my mates is a Senior with the local RE unit RMons. They have a PSAO from a Jock Infantry Regiment.
The bloke is roundly detested by everybody, he's lazy, argumentative and vindictive, in all a general all round throbber of the highest order. The bloke has no idea of what an RE unit does and is into the bullshit factor in a big way, to the extent that blokes are leaving the unit and the AR purely because of his antics.
How would you go about getting an LE officer removed from the position he's in playing by the rules.

One of my mates is a Senior with the local RE unit RMons. They have a PSAO from a Jock Infantry Regiment.
The bloke is roundly detested by everybody, he's lazy, argumentative and vindictive, in all a general all round throbber of the highest order. The bloke has no idea of what an RE unit does and is into the bullshit factor in a big way, to the extent that blokes are leaving the unit and the AR purely because of his antics.
How would you go about getting an LE officer removed from the position he's in playing by the rules.
Go down the obnoxious jock route, failing that compromise him or her with evidence aka blackmail

How is he getting involved in the running of the unit? The PSAO in 10 Para had no part in the running of the unit. That was down to the CO and company OC's. The PSAO just ensured the smooth administration of the unit which he did admirably. Surely it is a job for the CO/OC if the guy is a throbber and blokes are leaving? That's their job isn't it.

How is he getting involved in the running of the unit? The PSAO in 10 Para had no part in the running of the unit. That was down to the CO and company OC's. The PSAO just ensured the smooth administration of the unit which he did admirably. Surely it is a job for the CO/OC if the guy is a throbber and blokes are leaving? That's their job isn't it.
Dunno tbh.. But from what my mate was telling me about the bloke he's sticking his nose into stuff he's got no experience or knowledge of and is massively pissing people off. He's an ex RSM of a jock infantry unit who is now an LE FTRS Captain.

I've got the impression he still thinks he's the RSM.

Hopefully you have an HR expert amongst the ranks of the reserves? If not, get collecting irrefutable evidence and submit a Service Complaint. If multiple come in, something is more likely to be done. He'll be old school, so any youngster will be able to run rings with IT. The other option is to be informal, record/film him being a cnut and show it to the CO. Risky though.

Dunno tbh.. But from what my mate was telling me about the bloke he's sticking his nose into stuff he's got no experience or knowledge of and is massively pissing people off. He's an ex RSM of a jock infantry unit who is now an LE FTRS Captain.

The OC needs to grow a pair and put him into his box, with the CSM next to him and CO/RSM behind him.

PSAO does admin. Not command.

Do you have this view from just your mate or do you know enough people at the unit to know that this isn't a clash of personalities as opposed to impacting on the efficient running of the unit ?

Do you have this view from just your mate or do you know enough people at the unit to know that this isn't a clash of personalities as opposed to impacting on the efficient running of the unit ?
I've heard it from 4 separate guys from the unit.. Including the REME LAD blokes who he's managed to piss off.
The REME guy is so laid back he's bloody horizontal most of the time.

I've heard it from 4 separate guys from the unit.. Including the REME LAD blokes who he's managed to piss off.
The REME guy is so laid back he's bloody horizontal most of the time.

Without going in to the nuts and bolts of each whine from the unit, are you sure that the PSAO isn't bringing them up to a standard as close to their regular counterparts as they can be ?
I spent time with the Sapper Reserves and at least 4 disappeared for the duration of my posting there. I am happy to say that was down to my holding them to account on a weekly basis. They were delighted to take their bounty and attend the social occasions but not so diligent at producing the goods on a regular basis.

Without going in to the nuts and bolts of each whine from the unit, are you sure that the PSAO isn't bringing them up to a standard as close to their regular counterparts as they can be ?
I spent time with the Sapper Reserves and at least 4 disappeared for the duration of my posting there. I am happy to say that was down to my holding them to account on a weekly basis. They were delighted to take their bounty and attend the social occasions but not so diligent at producing the goods on a regular basis.
Far from it. I know the guys, one I've known for 20 years. Absolutely dedicated to the squadron tbh.

He’s the admin officer. let‘s face it we’ve all been victims of poor an inefficient admin wallahs. If he’s as the OP describes it’s not hard to see why troops are pissed off.

If he isn’t doing his job properly then a redress of complaint to the CO or service complaint would be appropriate.

Always best to give the CO chance to sort it first.

Far from it. I know the guys, one I've known for 20 years. Absolutely dedicated to the squadron tbh.

I know the Mons ( I didn't do my stint with them) and I know the ethos of the unit. I had to ask you to see if it was a few tantrums or something more. Your mates should use the chain of command and remember whatever they do, stay professional and not give the individual any wiggle room.
-Say nothing on social media about it
-Use approved email to lodge their concerns

I know the Mons ( I didn't do my stint with them) and I know the ethos of the unit. I had to ask you to see if it was a few tantrums or something more. Your mates should use the chain of command and remember whatever they do, stay professional and not give the individual any wiggle room.
-Say nothing on social media about it
-Use approved email to lodge their concerns
The blokes I know are doing everything they can to get things done by keeping the PSAO at arms length from what I can gather. Some of them are FTRS themselves so can't rock the boat and are basically keeping their heads down and just tolerating his antics until he leaves.

The blokes I know are doing everything they can to get things done by keeping the PSAO at arms length from what I can gather. Some of them are FTRS themselves so can't rock the boat and are basically keeping their heads down and just tolerating his antics until he leaves.

That’s quite pathetic. There are systems in place to deal with poor performance, it either the PSAO or them, either way it needs to be dealt with. It’s not a popularity contest.

Latest Threads