PSAO and TA Regs

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, May 14, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Is it just me, or does anyone else compare getting TA Regs off the PSAO to having teeth pulled?

Me: Sir, please can I have a look at TA Regs?
    PSAO: No, why?
    Me: It was recommended on our Tp Comds course to have a flick through them...
    PSAO: If you want to know something then ask me and I'll tell you
    Me: But Sir, if I don't kow what's there, how do I know what to ask?
    PSAO: No, you're not getting them.
    :(

msr

2. LOL

Try asking for the "Big Red book of TA courses" off the SPSI

Same conversation as above  ;D

3. Why don't they publish TA Regs on the Internet like over Government departments or is it too secret?

4. Available from HMSO
    But I've lost the link.....

5. msr

msr LE

6. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Or try blagging your way into anywhere with CHOtS/CASH/ similar connection to the Army Intranet.  TA Regs are on there, and, more importantly, are kept updated.  It also has a good search facility.

7. msr

msr LE

OS,

What are these: CHOtS/CASH/  ?

msr

8. They are secure IT infrastructures for the Army.  TA Centers don't have them usually, however if you can get into a headquarters (e.g Bde HQ) they should.

CHOtS: Corporate Headquarters Office Technology System

CASH: CIS Assistance for Headquarters.

Bloody silly names!

9. msr

msr LE

So not really a great deal of use putting TA Regs there then
    :(

msr

10. 'zacktly!  They might be on TANet, but I doubt it, and I understand it is rarely up long enough for anyone to check.  :-[

As you identified earlier, the purpose of the NRPS is to keep the operational TA personnel disorientated and ill informed so that they don't show them up!  ;D

11. msr

msr LE

I think that they are on TANET, but that computer sits in the PSAO's office...   ;)

msr

12. As your career is outlined in TATOs you should show him that you need access to learn.  If you have a problem tell him you will put in a greivance letter to the CO - sit back and smell the fear.  I guaruntee he will let you see them.  He probably won't let you take them away.
    If he's being an arse just remember he is admin, you are command...
    The same goes for courses books.  They are there for YOU and you soldiers - why else would the army publish them.  I suggest that SPSIs are too lazy and would not want the work generated (ie. posting your form to RHQ).
    If you are an officer, he cannot refuse - if he tries then you must order him to lend it you (or show you a written order withholding it).  If you are a soldier, get your tp comd to get it for you.

13. What's the point of TANET if the TA cannot access it.
    Army logic ?

14. Ah "Army Logic" the all encompassing answer to so many questions!

15. Try EBAY you can get most other things!!

Speak to your OC they should give you them to flick through. You will never get the book to take away!!
    The best person I ahve found to help is my AO she has the knowledge and not the attitude.

Who are you doing the TP'YS course with? It is good to have seen it but you will mainly deal with the AGI 67 stuff now.