• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

PS3 security chinned - Offcial

The nerds have finally done to the PS3 what they did much quicker to the 360, PSP & Wii.

Google a bit and expect to see lots of new torrents at your favourite naughty site.

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
The PS3 Jailbreak came out about two weeks to a month ago. The last firmware update (a week or so back?) closed the loophole that allowed it, similar to the iPhone patch that was released last month - so unless they've recently found another vulnerability, I think this one's old news.

Of course, if you ignored the last system update, you can still crack your PS3.

I hadn't upgraded since 3.15 (last ver with the other OS option). But then I seldom, if ever have it on PSN either.

What you say is true though. Went to 3.41 from a disc and cracked using my 'phone... It works. Or did on that firmware.

With the ability to run unsigned code, it'll only be a matter of time before the update (and any following) gets the message too.

Happy days.

Latest Threads