Providing Halal Food to Serving Service Persons

Are you bothered if you were Served Religiously Slaughtered Food as a Non-Muslim/Non-Jewish Person?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For information . . . . .

Found on the Inter-Web . . . .

Gervais SLAMS religious slaughter “I couldn’t give a F*CK what your ‘God’ says”

Ricky Gervais has slammed the religious slaughtering of animals in civilised countries. Mr Gervais posted to his over 4million facebook followers saying: “There is no excuse for animal cruelty. I didn’t care if it’s your ‘culture’. I don’t care if it’s ‘tradition’. And I couldn’t give a fuck what your ‘god’ says either.”

Though not fully apparent Mr Gervais comments seemed to take aim at the religious slaughtering on British streets.

The Muslim community has recently celebrated the festival of Eid and at the end, it is customary to slaughter an animal in the traditional style that is to slit its throat and leave it to bleed to death.

Photos have been doing rounds on social media of the horrific slaughtering taking place, one photo shows animals lying dead outside a British Council flat.

https://unitynewsnetwork.co.uk/gervais-slams-religious-slaughter-i-couldnt-give-a-fck-what-your-god-says/

NOT in the UK - thankfully - but, still NOT a pleasant watch . . .

Found on the Inter-Web . . . .

Gervais SLAMS religious slaughter “I couldn’t give a F*CK what your ‘God’ says”

Ricky Gervais has slammed the religious slaughtering of animals in civilised countries. Mr Gervais posted to his over 4million facebook followers saying: “There is no excuse for animal cruelty. I didn’t care if it’s your ‘culture’. I don’t care if it’s ‘tradition’. And I couldn’t give a **** what your ‘god’ says either.”

Though not fully apparent Mr Gervais comments seemed to take aim at the religious slaughtering on British streets.

The Muslim community has recently celebrated the festival of Eid and at the end, it is customary to slaughter an animal in the traditional style that is to slit its throat and leave it to bleed to death.

Photos have been doing rounds on social media of the horrific slaughtering taking place, one photo shows animals lying dead outside a British Council flat.

https://unitynewsnetwork.co.uk/gervais-slams-religious-slaughter-i-couldnt-give-a-fck-what-your-god-says/
Gervais is just another celebrity twât who thinks because he entertains people his opinion actually matters in the grand scheme of life. I am not in favour of slaughtering animals in unsanitary conditions, but it would put a rather nice smile on my face if some religious types slaughtered some goats in the garden next to his at an ungodly hour.

BUMP!!

Good News . . . RSPCA get off the fence !!

#EndNonStun by signing our open letter

We, together with the British Veterinary Association (BVA) have written to the Defra Minister, Michael Gove MP calling for urgent action to end non-stun slaughter in England.

Farm animals are sentient beings – they have the capacity to suffer and feel pain. This must be taken into account throughout their life, including at the time of slaughter.

We call on the UK Government to change the law that currently permits the unnecessary suffering of animals at the time of killing, and in turn require all animals to be effectively stunned before slaughter.

All animals should be stunned before slaughter. No exceptions.

Whilst this practice continues and until such a ban is enforced, we call on the UK Government:
  • Require an immediate post-cut stun for cattle, sheep, goats and deer
  • Ensure supply meets demand
  • End the export of meat from non-stun slaughter
  • Regularly release slaughter number figures
  • Introduce method of slaughter food labelling.
Read the full RSPCA and BVA's open letter to Defra (PDF 283KB).

End non-stun slaughter in England | RSPCA

Halal . . . Kosher . . . the principle is the same . . . NO pre-stun :( .

Horrific Cruelty Filmed in Kosher Slaughterhouses

Closer to home . . . Halal in Yorkshire . . . :( .

Animal cruelty at halal abattoir exposed in secret CCTV footage

Non Stun Halal Slaughterhouse, Norfolk, England 2016

Published by Katie Harris, The TELEGRAPH, on Saturday 16 February, 2019.

RSPCA calls for BAN on non-stun slaughter - ‘It causes UNNECESSARY SUFFERING’.

THE RSPCA is calling for a ban on non-stun slaughter to prevent “unnecessary suffering” for millions of animals.

The animal charity has teamed up with the British Veterinary Association (BVA) to campaign for a change in the law, which currently allows slaughter without pre-stunning for religious purposes. All kosher slaughter for Jews and some halal slaughter for Muslims involves cutting the animal’s throat while they are conscious and able to feel pain. The RSPCA and the BVA are demanding the Government outlaws the practice due to animal welfare fears.

And they are urging for other steps to be taken including labelling meat with the slaughter method so customers are clear about what they are buying.

RSPCA chief executive Chris Sherwood said: “We’re opposed to non-stun slaughter and we’re calling for an end to the practice as it seriously compromises animal welfare.

“Our concern does not relate to the expression of religious belief but the welfare of animals".

“Our concern does not relate to the expression of religious belief but the welfare of animals.

“Until there is a change in the law to end non-stun slaughter, there are several measures the UK Government could introduce to reduce the suffering involved in this practice.

“For example, by ensuring trade deals with other countries do not include non-stun meat or live animals for non-stun slaughter, clear labelling should be adopted to enable consumers to make an informed choice about the meat they buy and how it was slaughtered.”

Dr Marc Cooper of the RSPCA said: “The RSPCA is against any slaughter of farm animals without stunning as the scientific evidence, and the view from the UK Government’s own advisors, concludes this practice can cause unnecessary suffering.”

And BVA president Simon Doherty added there is “huge” public support for a change in the law.

It comes after the Flanders region of Belgium followed the lead of other European countries including Iceland, Sweden, Switzerland and Denmark by introducing a ban on slaughter without pre-stunning earlier this year.

Mr Doherty said: “The UK Government has repeatedly stated it would prefer to see all animals stunned before slaughter but has taken no action to address this critical welfare issue that affects millions of animals every year.

“There is a huge groundswell of support for a ban on non-stun slaughter, and recent developments in Belgium show that decisive change is possible where public support is matched by political will.”

New figures released by the Food Standards Agency (FSA) revealed that more than 94 million animals were slaughtered without stunning in 2018.

A Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs spokesman said: “We would prefer that all animals are stunned before slaughter, but we accept the rights of people who are Jewish or Muslim to eat meat prepared in accordance with their religious beliefs.

“We do, however, expect industry to provide consumers with the information they need to make informed choices.

“This is an issue the Government is considering closely in the context of the UK’s exit from the EU.

“We will continue work with stakeholders on issues such as labelling, slaughter practices and transparency of demand for non-stunned meat.”
Sign the RSPCA and the BVA’s joint letter to environment secretary Michael Gove calling for an end to non-stun slaughter . . . . End non-stun slaughter in England | RSPCA.

Latest Threads