Providing Halal Food to Serving Service Persons

Are you bothered if you were Served Religiously Slaughtered Food as a Non-Muslim/Non-Jewish Person?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have you seen how much Halal Food was given to Serving Members (and probably to Non-Muslim/non-Jewish Service persons too)of the MOD including during Afghan War etc. It was provided by Purple Food Stuffs. Just read the info in the docs in this FOI request. - Link Here - WhatDoTheyKnow

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Have you seen how much Halal Food was given to Serving Members (and probably to Non-Muslim/non-Jewish Service persons too)of the MOD including during Afghan War etc. It was provided by Purple Food Stuffs. Just read the info in the docs in this FOI request. - Link Here - WhatDoTheyKnow
The flag was moving in the wind too:wink: And the shadows were all wrong:nod:

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Lidl's Aromata Kitchen Foil is a handy alternative to Bacofoil and half the price.

Fashioning a helmet from such is therefore both cost-effective and stylish.

Edit: punted to the appropriate part of the site.

Lidl's Aromata Kitchen Foil is a handy alternative to Bacofoil and half the price.

Fashioning a helmet from such is therefore both cost-effective and stylish.

Edit: punted to the appropriate part of the site.
@Sixty,
Are you sure you are fit to be a Mod?

I mean, even I can tell the difference between a conspiracy theorist and a full on fuckwit!

FFS food is food, for any serving soldier, the scran he gets on duty, whether its halal, kosher or KFC, your average squaddie doesn't give a flying Fcuk, as long as its hot, on a plate, and plentiful. If you don't tell him its prepared in a certain way he wont care or know. Another good reason to bring back the Aldershot Cement Company. some of the best food I ever ate on exercise, in the field in BAOR, prepared by the army's finest, Who know what the lads want, as they were all serving soldiers themselves.

Last edited:
Pay no attention to the distractors, you didnt take any shit when you took down Morrisons

And Tescos

According to Companies House Purple Foodservices Ltd operates out of the same premises as Danish Bacon Co in Petersfield. The implications of this fact are too terrible to contemplate. I'm going to write to HMP Belmarsh to seek advice from Anjem Choudary.

The real issue is not religious slaughter. I eat Kentucky Fried Chicken and New Zealand Lamb, all of which is Halal. Both companies stun the animals properly before slaughter. They become Halal by somebody reciting a prayer over the chops as the pass by on the way to be packed. Keeps a Muslim bloke out of the Job Centre and keeps me in meaty treats.

I would not knowingly eat Kosher meat, all of which is unstunned, or the 20% of Halal meat that is unstunned. Anybody else who is forced to eat unstunned meat has grounds for complaint the same as a Muslim who is required to eat pork.

Interesting to see that one council is trying to stop serving unstunned Halal meat in schools. When the resultant court case is settled, I hope many more councils will follow that lead.

Not unless you asked for it. But this was the case for Halal/kosher meals to. That was the only way you would find out if it was Halal/Kosher Food. If you didn't ask about Halal/kosher Food they felt they didn't need to tell you and so they didn't. So this Meat/Poulty was provided to without your knowledge regardless of your own personal religion (which was also controlled if you remember - no crosses or bibles to be taken into theatre).

*info relating to US Story about burning bibles.

Last edited:
Not unless you asked for it. But this was the case for Halal/kosher meals to. That was the only way you would find out if it was Halal/Kosher Food. If you didn't ask about Halal/kosher Food they felt they didn't need to tell you and so they didn't. So this Meat/Poulty was provided to without your knowledge regardless of your own personal religion (which was also controlled if you remember - no crosses or bibles to be taken into theatre).

Can I take it you are in favour of Christian methods of slaughter?

Latest Threads