Proud to be in the RLC? Perhaps Not!!

Discussion in 'RLC' started by jonny_bored_bollox, Mar 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 1 LSR will depart for sunnier climbs soon but I have heard on the grapevine that.............................................

What the hell is going on? Are they not proud to show they are in the RLC?

Or is it that they are sooooo keeeen that they want to blend in with some of our Infantry bretheren?

Next they will be wearing black nastie over their eyes.

Any Commments on this rumour ?
  2. Aside from maintaining an "esprit de corps" what exactly is there to be proud of? I am not suggesting that it is anything to be ashamed of.
  3. I think the worlds brightest stable belt and capbadge are more than enough without wasting more tax payers money putting extra TRFs on desert combats as well. Unless the regt are going to take them off their temperate combats and re-sew them!
  4. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Tax payers money? Thought we had to buy the blighters?
  5. Who pays us, Melchie?
  6. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

I see where you are coming from, but we pay tax too. The cost of a TRF in RLC size is approx 55p - 46p dependant on quantity ordered from the supplier. So the Corps does not appear to be making that much profit as i think the 46p was for about 20,000 items.
  7. Interesting bloke!!
  8. GM, who pays for the desert TRF, REGT or Tax Payer?
  9. Individual. Unlucky me has had to pay for them as my Sqn funds have moved over. Nice :?
  10. Individual. Unlucky me has had to pay for them as my Sqn funds have moved over. Nice :?
  11. Ah Sqn Funds, dont ya just love em?!!!!
  12. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

TRF are an ECAB and Army dress Committee recognised form of embellishment to CS95. With the caveat that they are not to be paid for by public funds.

However as they have the ADC endorsement, they can be tailored free in accordance with the good book.

A more interesting question is the Corps exerting illegal pressure into individual into buying them. This I have heard is not direct, it’s the more’ not a team player’ and the SSM’s ‘ you will have one’.

Sad yes, but it’s a living.
  13. Total rumour. Go and get them from the PRI and get sewing.
  14. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

Don’t pay for you tailoring your entitled to have your 95 maintained free. Can’t remember the quote, but it’s in the last LAND Log sp newsletter.

Its bad enough we have to pay for a compulsory order of dress.
  15. There cheap and get tailored for free just sew them on guys and stop whinging.