Proud to be in the RLC? Perhaps Not!!

#1
1 LSR will depart for sunnier climbs soon but I have heard on the grapevine that.............................................

THEY WONT BE WEARING TRF's ON THEIR DEZZIES!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is going on? Are they not proud to show they are in the RLC?

Or is it that they are sooooo keeeen that they want to blend in with some of our Infantry bretheren?

Next they will be wearing black nastie over their eyes.

Any Commments on this rumour ?
 
#2
Aside from maintaining an "esprit de corps" what exactly is there to be proud of? I am not suggesting that it is anything to be ashamed of.
 
#3
I think the worlds brightest stable belt and capbadge are more than enough without wasting more tax payers money putting extra TRFs on desert combats as well. Unless the regt are going to take them off their temperate combats and re-sew them!
 
#4
Tax payers money? Thought we had to buy the blighters?
 
#5
Who pays us, Melchie?
 
#6
dpm_mirkin said:
Who pays us, Melchie?
I see where you are coming from, but we pay tax too. The cost of a TRF in RLC size is approx 55p - 46p dependant on quantity ordered from the supplier. So the Corps does not appear to be making that much profit as i think the 46p was for about 20,000 items.
 
#7
General Melchett said:
dpm_mirkin said:
Who pays us, Melchie?
I see where you are coming from, but we pay tax too. The cost of a TRF in RLC size is approx 55p - 46p dependant on quantity ordered from the supplier. So the Corps does not appear to be making that much profit as i think the 46p was for about 20,000 items.
Interesting bloke!!
 
#9
jonny_bored_bollox said:
GM, who pays for the desert TRF, REGT or Tax Payer?
Individual. Unlucky me has had to pay for them as my Sqn funds have moved over. Nice :?
 
#10
jonny_bored_bollox said:
GM, who pays for the desert TRF, REGT or Tax Payer?
Individual. Unlucky me has had to pay for them as my Sqn funds have moved over. Nice :?
 

Percy_Pigeon

War Hero
Book Reviewer
#12
TRF are an ECAB and Army dress Committee recognised form of embellishment to CS95. With the caveat that they are not to be paid for by public funds.

However as they have the ADC endorsement, they can be tailored free in accordance with the good book.

A more interesting question is the Corps exerting illegal pressure into individual into buying them. This I have heard is not direct, it’s the more’ not a team player’ and the SSM’s ‘ you will have one’.

Sad yes, but it’s a living.
 
#13
jonny_bored_bollox said:
1 LSR will depart for sunnier climbs soon but I have heard on the grapevine that.............................................

THEY WONT BE WEARING TRF's ON THEIR DEZZIES!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is going on? Are they not proud to show they are in the RLC?

Or is it that they are sooooo keeeen that they want to blend in with some of our Infantry bretheren?

Next they will be wearing black nastie over their eyes.

Any Commments on this rumour ?
Total rumour. Go and get them from the PRI and get sewing.
 

Percy_Pigeon

War Hero
Book Reviewer
#14
BaggyInBlack said:
jonny_bored_bollox said:
1 LSR will depart for sunnier climbs soon but I have heard on the grapevine that.............................................

THEY WONT BE WEARING TRF's ON THEIR DEZZIES!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is going on? Are they not proud to show they are in the RLC?

Or is it that they are sooooo keeeen that they want to blend in with some of our Infantry bretheren?

Next they will be wearing black nastie over their eyes.

Any Commments on this rumour ?
Total rumour. Go and get them from the PRI and get sewing.
Don’t pay for you tailoring your entitled to have your 95 maintained free. Can’t remember the quote, but it’s in the last LAND Log sp newsletter.

Its bad enough we have to pay for a compulsory order of dress.
 
#15
There cheap and get tailored for free just sew them on guys and stop whinging.
 
#16
MSI64 said:
There cheap and get tailored for free just sew them on guys and stop whinging.
Damn right - haven't you got more important things to worry about before deploying? Can all the boys and girls shoot straight for example.

The unit should be proud to wear the TRF. The senior management should find a way of the whole unit complying without getting entrapped by the "why the fcuk should I have to pay for it" syndrome. After all, it is the same senior management team that is going to manage the Regiment in such a way that they hope to return with a raft load of Commendations, Mentions in Dispatches, MBEs, BEMs etc - that takes initiative, leadership and a little bit of BS...........
 
#17
MSI64 said:
There cheap and get tailored for free just sew them on guys and stop whinging.
Yes there cheap and thats exactly why individuals should not have to pay for someone elses whim. Stable belts are cheap, what if someone wants us all to have Corps Blazers just in case we want to get into a beer tent :D Lets buy our own cap badges. Either all the kit is issued or it isn't. If it isn't then why can't we have a clothing allowence - US type system? TRF's - bllx!
 
#20
Oberleutnant_vn_Genschler said:
MSI64 said:
There cheap and get tailored for free just sew them on guys and stop whinging.
Yes there cheap and thats exactly why individuals should not have to pay for someone elses whim. Stable belts are cheap, what if someone wants us all to have Corps Blazers just in case we want to get into a beer tent :D Lets buy our own cap badges. Either all the kit is issued or it isn't. If it isn't then why can't we have a clothing allowence - US type system? TRF's - bllx!
Think TRFs are more than just a whim. We got issued three for our desert kit.
 

Similar threads

Top