Proud to be British

I drove a bfo scania from lisburn to holland twice a week and ate many a fry (hard to believe I'm still a 13st square of jaw type of guy) anyway I preferred the English fry that you would have got in the old greasy spoons one in Grantham and one on the Retford roundabout in particular,
the Irish fry is all breads and is as dry as your grannys fanny, the English one would include plum tomatoes so a bit of juice, combine that with four embassy two teas a good fart and it was back in the saddle, just to add the cloggies would have turned your guts on the boat ,ham slices and various cold cuts and cold boiled eggs at 4am in the morning ffs, porridge for me thankyou very much.

We did....then we blamed it on the English.

#itwastheenglish
The only thing the Paddy’s ever colonised were the bits of Europe that produce booze, primarily the regions producing port, brandy and sherry.

I can’t say I blame them. Probably better to run a vineyard somewhere nice and sunny rather than crapping yourself to death or getting it from choppy locals in some godforsaken flyblown sh1thole in Africa or India.

You Canuks won in the War of 1812 only because we Native Sons of the Soil threw in our lot with the Eenglish because we believed the palaver at Prophetstown that they would help us gain back our ancestral lands from Les Yanquis. Who knew that there would be a Defence Review in Whitehall once Napoleon was beaten and the Army and Navy were downsized. C Ya later, Tonto. I'm off to little old London town for a proper cuppa and a slap and tickle. Sux to be you. Ugh. White man speaks with forked tongue. Scalp 'em all and let God sort them out.

View attachment 394198
I think you should stop drinking the firewater, Big Chief Deadbeat.

Smoked Bacon is the Devil's excrement. Real bacon should taste like bacon, not an ashtray
Better yet, it should be bacon one has produced by one's own endeavours, today's batch for example:

DSC_2829 (2).jpg

It may not be nicely trimmed but it's cut thick, doesn't shrink & beats anything supermarkets put on their shelves.
Add a chunk of Cumberland sausage, a couple of properly fried eggs, baked beans or mushrooms (never both), fried bread & a side plate piled with toast & it's a breakfast to inspire colonialism on a global scale.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
The only thing the Paddy’s ever colonised were the bits of Europe that produce booze, primarily the regions producing port, brandy and sherry.
There's a very good reason for that. In those times it was mainly the monasteries that produced such stuff and because it was primarily Irish monks who took the christian religion back to the UK and Europe and revived it after the "Daa Cages", that's where they settled.

MsG

Eggs - scrambled is for gentlemen, but keep it away from the baked beans because the combined taste is vile.
Thank fruck for that, I thought that was just me that hated Scrambled Egg & Beans, I've always wondered why Fried Egg & Beans=Good, Scrambled Egg & Beans=Shite.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
I drove a bfo scania from lisburn to holland twice a week and ate many a fry (hard to believe I'm still a 13st square of jaw type of guy) anyway I preferred the English fry that you would have got in the old greasy spoons one in Grantham and one on the Retford roundabout in particular,
the Irish fry is all breads and is as dry as your grannys fanny, the English one would include plum tomatoes so a bit of juice, combine that with four embassy two teas a good fart and it was back in the saddle, just to add the cloggies would have turned your guts on the boat ,ham slices and various cold cuts and cold boiled eggs at 4am in the morning ffs, porridge for me thankyou very much.
[My bold in your post] What's embassy two tea? If you don't mind me asking.

MsG

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
[My bold in your post] What's embassy two tea? If you don't mind me asking.

MsG
S'easy if you don't pick the quote apart - four Embassy (cigs) and two teas.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
S'easy if you don't pick the quote apart - four Embassy (cigs) and two teas.
Ah, I see. Thanks very a lot for your response. Much appreciated. I thought it was some sort of tea I'd never heard of.

MsG

Proud to be Paddyish.

My mum’s, aunts etc Irish breakfast.

Bacon
Fat sausages
Thin sausages
Black pudding
White pudding
Eggs x many
Mushrooms
Bubble or potato cake thingy
Tomatoes
Fried bread
Toast
Soda bread
Currant bread

My Aunt Essy served my breakfast up on an oval plate the size of my Sunday roast serving plates. I thought it was for four of us. Not surprisingly my Uncle looks like a barrel of Guinness.

I’m surprised the Paddy’s never conquered the globe with a scoff like that inside them.
White pudding! Now you're talking. Lob in a steak, pile of deviled kidneys and maybe a pork chop and you're looking at the reason I'd crawl over a pile of naked supermodels without stopping for a feel.

Better yet, it should be bacon one has produced by one's own endeavours, today's batch for example:

View attachment 394293

It may not be nicely trimmed but it's cut thick, doesn't shrink & beats anything supermarkets put on their shelves.
Add a chunk of Cumberland sausage, a couple of properly fried eggs, baked beans or mushrooms (never both), fried bread & a side plate piled with toast & it's a breakfast to inspire colonialism on a global scale.
Is it worth a tiny drop of hickory liquid smoke in the cure to give the flavour a small bump in the right direction?

I find a smidge when brining chook breast gives it a really good flavour, especially in a chook and mushroom pie.

Is it worth a tiny drop of hickory liquid smoke in the cure to give the flavour a small bump in the right direction?

I find a smidge when brining chook breast gives it a really good flavour, especially in a chook and mushroom pie.
I bought a bottle of that stuff a while back and don't know what to do with it.

I bought a bottle of that stuff a while back and don't know what to do with it.
Use it in tiny amounts. Wet a spoon with it and stir into a brine or a sauce/gravy. Easy to overdo it and it becomes really shit so be careful.

Use it in tiny amounts. Wet a spoon with it and stir into a brine or a sauce/gravy. Easy to overdo it and it becomes really shit so be careful.
You piqued my interest now, I have just got the bottle out of the cupboard and looked at it.
It states to use one or two drops only, directly onto the meat.
Might try it in the next day or two.

Going to have spots of strong flavour. Might work better in a brine or a marinade.

Try chook in a brine of water, salt, pinch of sugar, drop of vinegar and wet a spoon with the liquid smoke then stir it in. Thin sliced chook and soak overnight in the brine. Fry some mushrooms with fresh garlic, chuck in the chook when they're done, quick stir to let them cook through, drop of cream and serve over rice or pasta.

Loads of chopped parsley on top.