Proud To Be Army

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Markintime, Jul 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What appears to have been lost, in the upset over certain expressed points of view, is that those soldiers who represented the Army at the Pride event were poorly turned out and ambled along without any attempt at formation and drill. There were senior NCOs and Officers there who should have taken charge and ensured that those taking part were doing the Army justice and showing pride in their uniform.
    To me it doesn't matter what event you're taking part in, be it Trooping the Colour, Beating Retreat or representing the Forces at a Pride event.
    Perhaps it might be better to have a nominated platoon of Guards to represent the Army, this would ensure that their turn out, drill and bearing was immaculate and would truly be representative of the active diversity within the Army because there would be all sorts taking part, not just gay soldiers.
    The other alternative is that those who wish to take part in such events should apply in advance and go to a training establishment for a few days practice and to make sure their turn-out, bearing and drill are up to standard. Pride events may be about fun and informality but anyone donning Her Majesty’s uniform should wear that uniform with pride and too the standards laid down in regulations. After all, turning up as a shambles might give the false impression that diversity in the Army is associated with a fall in standards.
    What do you think should be done to improve standards for next year’s parade?
  2. I don't think a platoon of guards should voluntold, people who attend the parades must want to be there and not just see it as another shit job. While I'm sure one of the Foot Guards Battalions in the London District/Aldershot area could spare a DSgt for a day or two to take people through basic foot drill and turn out.

But I think in cases such as this, without the Army either finding a gay/lesbian WO1 or appointing a straight one to ensure standards are met, it will fall down to the individuals on the day. And sadly I fear many people just don't care enough to put the effort in, regardless of what the parade is for.
  3. Let them wear civvies. Tu-tu's, high heels and ill fitting tight tops. Wigs and loud OTT make-up. Not sure what the birds should wear.
  4. Is The Army 'proud' of them????
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Can't speak for the army but this part of the ex-army certainly is NOT.

Anyway, if was a truly diverse occasion, why were only poofs invited?
  6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Who gives a fcuk if people are Gay/ Lezzer, Bi, Black, White, Green.

If they can do the job so what!
  7. All armed forces members who attend should wear civvies.
  8. Surely the point of this thread was about the lack of pride shown by the people who turned up for the Pride march looking like shit.

Not where someone like to stick their cock
  9. Auld-Yin

B&T - in general we don't and I have worked with many people of differing views to mine including religious, sexuality and politcal. But when one of them attacks Arrse then we natuarally fight back and show our feelings.

I know this will probably be culled - but hey ho, that's life as Esther would say.
  10. Yeah but Auld One has a valid point. I feel we should sue someone for discrimination against non gays etc.
  11. Would you be allowed to attend a CAMRA do in your No2's???
  12. Maybe, as has been bandied on here by 5A and others, the attendees should march in mufti under a banner stating they're Army, something similar to the union banners you see at marches.
  13. Auld-Yin

I think a bit of solidarity is needed here (not that type of solidarity). We should all show up next year and support them during the march. We could call it an Arrse Crawl! :wink:
  14. Thankfully I retired before 'it' became compulsory.