Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Proud Dad 2

Good work! Many congratulations!

Edit: maybe it's all new fangled tablets phones & interspherenet these days, but it is almost impossible to have too many biros.

Spot on. The more solid the better. Useful in so many ways other than writing.

Boker and S&W do some nice ones. Dashed fine work by Toastie Minor.

Spot on. The more solid the better. Useful in so many ways other than writing.

Boker and S&W do some nice ones. Dashed fine work by Toastie Minor.
Piece of advice I was once given. Buy a Parker or equivalent ballpoint pen. Nothing so expensive that you'd be upset if you lost it, but people will think nothing of 'redistributing' a bic biro, but will think twice if it looks like personal property.

Firstly, congratulations and well done to her and every success moving forward.

More importantly and quite honestly I'm disappointed in everyone else for not mentioning it - first shift bring cakes and lots of them (homemade is a winner or failing that Krispy Kremes!). That and the magic words "who fancies a brew".

Very proud day Toastie for all concerned.
As it happens, my son is one of a team of Staff Trainers & Health Projects chaps / chapp-ets with Police Scotland.
Loves the job. SWMBO & I have been to a couple of Pass Out gigs as ad hoc guests.
Always nice to see the families turn up and watch their "kids" take their reward.
At the end of the day, you'll still just be "Dad" and she your "lass".
Whether she likes it or not! ;)

You may remember I asked for some advice a while back for my daughter who was about to start Police “basic training”? A lot of you gave freely and we are very grateful for your time.

I’d like to think it helped (she read the lot) as I’m delighted and very proud to announce that she “graduated” last Friday and did so with a lot of very complimentary comment from her Instructors. She meets her Block today and is on the job for the first time tomorrow. She’s very excited but also very aware that now the real learning starts.

Thanks again to you all for your time and advice, she and I are very grateful.
Excellent and good luck to her

Toastie,
I'm sorry.
Some bad boys have gone all ARRSE on your post.
I'm having NUFFINK to do with them.
I'd never be part of anything like that..:rolleyes:

You may remember I asked for some advice a while back for my daughter who was about to start Police “basic training”? A lot of you gave freely and we are very grateful for your time.

I’d like to think it helped (she read the lot) as I’m delighted and very proud to announce that she “graduated” last Friday and did so with a lot of very complimentary comment from her Instructors. She meets her Block today and is on the job for the first time tomorrow. She’s very excited but also very aware that now the real learning starts.

Thanks again to you all for your time and advice, she and I are very grateful.

BZ

We are now eagerly awaiting her photo appearing in the 'fit birds in uniform' thread.

It's the rules.

Firstly, congratulations and well done to her and every success moving forward.

More importantly and quite honestly I'm disappointed in everyone else for not mentioning it - first shift bring cakes and lots of them (homemade is a winner or failing that Krispy Kremes!). That and the magic words "who fancies a brew".
Went in with loads of stickies. About the only bit of advice I could give her.