Proud Dad 2

You may remember I asked for some advice a while back for my daughter who was about to start Police “basic training”? A lot of you gave freely and we are very grateful for your time.

I’d like to think it helped (she read the lot) as I’m delighted and very proud to announce that she “graduated” last Friday and did so with a lot of very complimentary comment from her Instructors. She meets her Block today and is on the job for the first time tomorrow. She’s very excited but also very aware that now the real learning starts.

Thanks again to you all for your time and advice, she and I are very grateful.

Good work! Many congratulations!

Edit: maybe it's all new fangled tablets phones & interspherenet these days, but it is almost impossible to have too many biros.

You may remember I asked for some advice a while back for my daughter who was about to start Police “basic training”? A lot of you gave freely and we are very grateful for your time.

I’d like to think it helped (she read the lot) as I’m delighted and very proud to announce that she “graduated” last Friday and did so with a lot of very complimentary comment from her Instructors. She meets her Block today and is on the job for the first time tomorrow. She’s very excited but also very aware that now the real learning starts.

Congratulations and best of luck to her. I’ll pass on the advice one of the old hands gave me when I started. To paraphrase, “It’s a job that can make you very cynical very quickly and you’ll be regularly surrounded by colleagues constantly whinging and gurning, often, but not always with cause to do so. Occasionally try to remember how excited you were when you were offered the job and why you wanted to be there in the first place”.

Congratulations to her. I have just retired after 25 years. It is in equal measure one of the most rewarding and soul destroying jobs going.
She will quickly realise that she won't change the world, but if each day she manages to make one person's life a little less shit, then that's what counts.
She'll have a blast.

Congratulations to her. I have just retired after 25 years. It is in equal measure one of the most rewarding and soul destroying jobs going.
She will quickly realise that she won't change the world, but if each day she manages to make one person's life a little less shit, then that's what counts.
She'll have a blast.
That’s pretty much what the ACC who presided over the event told them in his commendably honest speech. If I’d been graduating I’d have been inspired by what he had to say.

I expressed surprise to my daughter that it was an ACC and not the Chief who came. She was adamant that they were chuffed to bits it was him because they‘d all met both the other ACC and the Chief and he was the one they all warmed to because he told it how it was.

TamH70

MIA

Not tempted to add any of the "Two Andies" quotes.

Well done to your daughter. Keep reminding her that her most important bits of kit are her notebook and pens.

Be sure to greet her with ‘ello, ‘ello, ‘ello, every time you see her.

Not tempted to add any of the "Two Andies" quotes.

Well done to your daughter. Keep reminding her that her most important bits of kit are her notebook and pens.
...and sense of humour.

Ritch

LE

Congratulations to Toastie Junior!

In an effort to preserve her career she needs to remove all knowledge of ARRSE from her mind.

Good work! Many congratulations!

Edit: maybe it's all new fangled tablets phones & interspherenet these days, but it is almost impossible to have too many biros.

Spot on. The more solid the better. Useful in so many ways other than writing.

Boker and S&W do some nice ones. Dashed fine work by Toastie Minor.

Spot on. The more solid the better. Useful in so many ways other than writing.

Boker and S&W do some nice ones. Dashed fine work by Toastie Minor.
Piece of advice I was once given. Buy a Parker or equivalent ballpoint pen. Nothing so expensive that you'd be upset if you lost it, but people will think nothing of 'redistributing' a bic biro, but will think twice if it looks like personal property.

Green_Homer

War Hero
Firstly, congratulations and well done to her and every success moving forward.

More importantly and quite honestly I'm disappointed in everyone else for not mentioning it - first shift bring cakes and lots of them (homemade is a winner or failing that Krispy Kremes!). That and the magic words "who fancies a brew".

Latest Threads