Protocol question for wedding.

#1
Hi everyone,

can somebody give me some advice with the following question please ? At a wedding, when is the correct time to give the Bridesmaid and the Best Man their present for all the help they´ve provided?

Cheers for any help and yes, I´ll take unusual answers or suggestions as well :D
 
#2
After the speeches have been done, I suspect.
 
#3
Post the question on Ask.co.uk and you will probably get the works from when to proposition the MiL (before or after the wedding) to how long you should wait before getting a divorce.
 
#4
Certa_Cito said:
Hi everyone,

can somebody give me some advice with the following question please ? At a wedding, when is the correct time to give the Bridesmaid and the Best Man their present for all the help they´ve provided?

Cheers for any help and yes, I´ll take unusual answers or suggestions as well :D
Serious mode: by all means thank them publicly, but presents are a more personal matter and should be given in private before you leave the reception.
 
#5
Certa_Cito said:
Hi everyone,

can somebody give me some advice with the following question please ? At a wedding, when is the correct time to give the Bridesmaid and the Best Man their present for all the help they´ve provided?

Cheers for any help and yes, I´ll take unusual answers or suggestions as well :D
As things these days are becoming much less formal I suspect the best thing is to pick a time in the proceedings that seems right for you rather than slavishly follow some formal process. For example some may wish to do the deed out of the public eye where as some may wish to make their gifts in public, your call in my opinion.
 
#7
Flowers tend to be given publicly so everyone can oooh and aaaah etc. Anything more personal which you have purchased as gifts should be given privately and can be at any time. Personally I would wait until after the Best Man has done his speech just in case you want to rethink the "giving him a present" thing!
 
#8
jimbojetset said:
Flowers tend to be given publicly so everyone can oooh and aaaah etc. Anything more personal which you have purchased as gifts should be given privately and can be at any time. Personally I would wait until after the Best Man has done his speech just in case you want to rethink the "giving him a present" thing!
My bold.

PMSL. Good point, seeing as he´s an ex squaddie who has known the Groom (also ex Forces) for donkeys years :D Wonder if the civvies will be up for the speech ? :wink:
 
#11
Bambi said:
by all means thank them publicly, but presents are a more personal matter and should be given in private before you leave the reception.
Especially in the bridesmaids case. Her "present" should be delivered outside of the reception venue, I usually look for a quiet spot out by the bins.
 
#12
sandmanfez said:
Bambi said:
by all means thank them publicly, but presents are a more personal matter and should be given in private before you leave the reception.
Especially in the bridesmaids case. Her "present" should be delivered outside of the reception venue, I usually look for a quiet spot out by the bins.
The bridesmaids hubby is ex Bundeswehr Mech Inf and is so fücking big it´s a wonder they ever got him into an APC ! Wanna rethink your last Sandman ?? :lol:
 
#13
Certa_Cito said:
sandmanfez said:
Bambi said:
by all means thank them publicly, but presents are a more personal matter and should be given in private before you leave the reception.
Especially in the bridesmaids case. Her "present" should be delivered outside of the reception venue, I usually look for a quiet spot out by the bins.
The bridesmaids hubby is ex Bundeswehr Mech Inf and is so fücking big it´s a wonder they ever got him into an APC ! Wanna rethink your last Sandman ?? :lol:
Surely you can think of something to keep him out of the way for a couple of minutes.
 
#14
maxi_77 said:
Certa_Cito said:
sandmanfez said:
Bambi said:
by all means thank them publicly, but presents are a more personal matter and should be given in private before you leave the reception.
Especially in the bridesmaids case. Her "present" should be delivered outside of the reception venue, I usually look for a quiet spot out by the bins.
The bridesmaids hubby is ex Bundeswehr Mech Inf and is so fücking big it´s a wonder they ever got him into an APC ! Wanna rethink your last Sandman ?? :lol:
Surely you can think of something to keep him out of the way for a couple of minutes.
My bold

Now now Maxi. Not taking a swipe at Sandman´s sexual prowess are you ? :D Shame on you :twisted:
 
#15
Certa_Cito said:
maxi_77 said:
Certa_Cito said:
sandmanfez said:
Bambi said:
by all means thank them publicly, but presents are a more personal matter and should be given in private before you leave the reception.
Especially in the bridesmaids case. Her "present" should be delivered outside of the reception venue, I usually look for a quiet spot out by the bins.
The bridesmaids hubby is ex Bundeswehr Mech Inf and is so fücking big it´s a wonder they ever got him into an APC ! Wanna rethink your last Sandman ?? :lol:
Surely you can think of something to keep him out of the way for a couple of minutes.
My bold

Now now Maxi. Not taking a swipe at Sandman´s sexual prowess are you ? :D Shame on you :twisted:
Who me?
 
#16
maxi_77 said:
Certa_Cito said:
maxi_77 said:
Certa_Cito said:
sandmanfez said:
Bambi said:
by all means thank them publicly, but presents are a more personal matter and should be given in private before you leave the reception.
Especially in the bridesmaids case. Her "present" should be delivered outside of the reception venue, I usually look for a quiet spot out by the bins.
The bridesmaids hubby is ex Bundeswehr Mech Inf and is so fücking big it´s a wonder they ever got him into an APC ! Wanna rethink your last Sandman ?? :lol:
Surely you can think of something to keep him out of the way for a couple of minutes.
My bold

Now now Maxi. Not taking a swipe at Sandman´s sexual prowess are you ? :D Shame on you :twisted:
Who me?
Maxi was obviously allowing for a post-coital cigarette or two and wouldn't dream of suggesting that the Fez-meister is some kind of freak who can last for more than the 15 seconds norm... :D
 
#17
Well there may not be many advantages to being 40+, but put me on the outside of a few beers, and I could run a BFT in less time than I need for a quick knee trembler. :lol:
 
#19
So shes German then? Ive gotr a suggestion for the best mans speech.....

"And after my speech we will have Hors d'oeuvres, which [put german accent on] must be obeyed at all times!"
 
#20
Good one Prae. I´ll be sure to tell him :D

I´ve got to shoot off now and hit the motorway. Once again, thanks for all the help, much appreciated.

Mods, please feel free to mag to grid this thread or lock it.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mister Badger The NAAFI Bar 155
UN Lacky Officers 35
Come_in_number_3 Living Overseas 9

Similar threads

Top